Lagging issues despite good ping?

Liuet

I have only started playing this game a while ago, but I'm already experiencing an annoying problem:

Every 10 seconds or so (less when I'm running), the game starts to lag for the fraction of a second. But it's not just that little lag you get when your internet connection is bad, it's like I get solid 20ms until all of the sudden it goes all the way up to 200, in some cases even 300. It is also quite interesting that I have already experienced this exact issue with a game called Tribes: Ascend. I contacted their Customer Support and they told me things about re-installing the game, changing my internet connection from W-LAN to LAN temporarily, etc etc, but nothing really helped. I also found out that Tribes: Ascend runs on the same engine as Renegade X, so there might be a connection.

Anyways, thanks for any help in advance!

I wonder what your machine is.. ?

Have you tried lowering the game settings to see if it makes a difference?

I assume you have resource hogs turned off and so i wish you Good luck on your quest.

1. My machine:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 770M

CPU: Intel i7 4700MQ

RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600MHz

Hard drive: 750GB HDD @7200RPM

2. Settings ingame:

Although I didn't think the game was lagging due to my machine not being sufficiently powerful, I tried turning every graphics setting off or on the lowest setting. The issue is still the same, so I think the problem has something to do with the software, not the hardware.

3. Resource hogs:

At first, I, to be honest, did not know what a "resource hog" was supposed to be, really. I searched for it on the internet and found out it was "a function or program in a computer which slows down processing". I have never seen, in a game or otherwise, an option titled "resource hog", so I THINK I have them turned off, if that is the default option.