Will enough airstrikes take out a building?

epicelite

I was in a game and had the idea that we all call in an airstrike at the same time to take out the barracks. Not enough people wanted to do it, and then we lost due to an ion beacon.

Has anyone ever done this? Airstrike does like 10% to a building, so in theory 10 players calling one in at the same time should take a building out, yes?

• Totem Arts Staff

It's barely 10, think it's less. They make good supplements to Gunner rushes to add a few extra % damage over time, but overall it's too expensive, GDI's has to be lined up correctly to do its full damage, and you likely need even more than 10 people to stand still and draw a very obvious laser to their heads.

I'm sure if a full team of 20 called in Airstrikes it could kill a building, but honestly if 20 people are coordinating you have WAY better options.

Nah, I tried to aligning airstrike on buildings will actually just damage it 2 to 4 percent, which is not much but that only succeeds when the enemy is not actually repairing the said buildings.

Also seeing 10 airstrike to kill GDI, that would be a nice idea (sarcasm). Also standing while calling the airstrike that would be SNIPER paradise for the most part and hotties/tech can just repair the building.

I think you guys lose because your team was not experienced enough, as you myself cause the reason and logic you posted was kind of awkward(NO OFFENSE JUST SAYING). Also why call airstrike if you guys have tanks, infantry or SPIES to try nuking the said building. Get a spy nuke while 10 + airstrike cover it = building dead. Don't attempt a airstrike to kill buildings because it have no power or does not pack a punch(YET) to deal damage on said buildings.

If you had your entire team in on it I think you could pull it off you would just need 5-10 people distracting their team from the strikes but that would require a lot of team coordination. This idea is a very expensive way of destroying a building though 700credits per player. I think a better idea would be to call in strikes all around the building while someone puts a beacon down. My idea would only need 10people in on it maybe less depending on the team you are facing.

• Totem Arts Staff

Actually I think them making them weak vs. buildings was probably the best move that they got right straight off of beta 1. Foresee too much abuse if they were even decent vs. buildings. They're good vs. units and for surprising engineers behind tanks; for 800 credits, let them stay that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
due to insane difficult level of airstrikeing a building to dust,I request we might try it sometime in future for historical record,like 32 ppl airstrike the same building is fun

32 AC-130s or 96 A-10s? Who would have money to invest such large number for a single small battlefield? xD

• Totem Arts Staff
due to insane difficult level of airstrikeing a building to dust,I request we might try it sometime in future for historical record,like 32 ppl airstrike the same building is fun

32 AC-130s or 96 A-10s? Who would have money to invest such large number for a single small battlefield? xD

The same people that use weapons of mass destruction to destroy one single building...

• 2 months later...

It is a shame this will be patched by a team cooldown on airstrikes next patch (If I am not mistaken when I read that).

But this was honestly a cool idea. Get volt rifles and you take the air down to 20% a lot of the time with just 4 guys. Adding 4% to that for each guys not only adds damage, but can theoretically keep repairmen from reaching the mct or the hoarde from filling your skull full of lead.