Well that was long

noxidevad

So i have played a lot of long games before but this one was by far the longest one i ever been on which was earlier on tonight in our marathon server.

ektmara.bmp

314mins :/ ... Has anyone got SS of longer? would love to know what a record for renx mara is lol.

Sadly in the end, i had to forcechange the map :o

314mins :/ ... Has anyone got SS of longer? would love to know what a record for renx mara is lol. <<<<< RENX was a giveaway i thought.. but yeah thats not bad tbf, crazy should be ashamed 4hrs 57mins and 56 kills.

Maybe he joined later and some people left earlier?

OldRen session time is tracked server-side, not client-side.

This is what I love about renegade though, the ever persistent stalemate without the chance of voting for a new map. Shame that that RenX 314 minutes session was changevoted, but also quite remarkable that they didnt votechange it earlier (lets say at the 60 minute mark)

I cant stand when a stalemate is vote ended or ended by a moderator. My FAV games ever are when both teams lose ref and or wf/air at the beginning on a non defense map. It forces teamwork and it really makes you think about every purchase instead of being like " meh if i die i can just buy another unit with all my cash " . I personally would like to see a gamemode where there are no constant stream of creds and you only get them when the harv docks.

• Totem Arts Staff
I cant stand when a stalemate is vote ended or ended by a moderator. My FAV games ever are when both teams lose ref and or wf/air at the beginning on a non defense map. It forces teamwork and it really makes you think about every purchase instead of being like " meh if i die i can just buy another unit with all my cash " . I personally would like to see a gamemode where there are no constant stream of creds and you only get them when the harv docks.

BS, you're never a team player =p Get yourself a 500 and get back in your tunnels!

Well sometimes being a admin we have to make a choice which people agree or disagree with it's just how it is really, the map was proper stale and generally boring for X amount of time, and the majority wanted a new change, so i forceend. Next map nobody seemed to have an issue with it, so assuming it was the right thing to do.

• Totem Arts Staff

Sorry, but if both teams have like no team play happening and it really is just 20 lone-wolves stalemated with 20 lone-wolves, I think it's safe to vote yes. Can only take one map for so many hours if it looks like nobody's going to make an effort to stop whining and actually start winning.

• Totem Arts Staff
Yosh, signs of true leaders are those who can get a bunch of untrained, disorderly, whining, childish, I would say people but... noobs in line for a combined effort engi rushing.

Nothing more scary than many simple engineers readying their C4's in the face of the enemy!

....trust me, I know this. I've devised more end-game infantry rushes than I can count, and turned masses of uncoordinated idiots into ruthless fighting forces. I have a higher win % on GDI than Nod, and that's half due to the fact that when I CAN get people to listen I get them to win games.

HOWEVER, there's just no getting through the heads of some idiots. Seriously, had a marathon game of Islands down to BARA vs. HON with no Ref. I got a good 10 people working together with excessive caps and such, but still we never convinced the one guy on our team to join us, simply because he was A) adamant on telling us C4ing the outside of the HON was stupid, and B) wallowing in pity of the game being a supposed 'stalemate'. We never converted him, but damn if we didn't destroy the HON by getting rich off of timed c4 on the outside of it, then just running through Nod with advanced infantry from all sides.

Morale of the story: if they DONT ever want to wake up and drink the team-play Kool-aid, they WONT. luckily it was just one or two guys that game, but there are sometimes entire teams full of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry can't join the rush, I am busy Noobing around getting killed and whining about stalemates instead of joining OBVIOUS Pro's asking for my support to help win the game and end the stalemate. Seems a much more reasonable reason to me.

Working with a bunch of noobs coordinating is much better than a team of noobs soloing everything thinking they can make the winning BLOW.

What about on our old classic renegade server?

mara12_zps88989dec.png

That is the record? I remember playing a Field game, a long time ago on classic ren, that I played 4 hours when the map started, then went to bed, woke up 6 hours later, and the same game was going on, and it finished an hour and a half later. That is what, almost 12 hours?