Boredom Killer : Bot horde

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

First of all, Mod can move this elsewhere if it's in the wrong place

So, today I played a Marathon game with eXile and ImortalFu, and frankly a lot of people left before so it was just us 3.

I jokingly asked eXile to add 34 bot to enemy team to fight against after our chaotic bot-ic battle in Mesa. Unexpectedly he complied, so we had a 3 vs 37 fight in Field. It went on for 85 minutes (mainly because bot blindly rushes through AGT)

So well originally we wanted to snipe after everything except Ref was gone. We had a good time until another guy qho joined mid-game destroyed Ref

But it's an interesting game. Worth trying out :P

Sometimes when i get bored, as EKT we've 2 marathon servers go in server2 and put 30 or so bots onto another opposing team, and do as you intended to do snipe, but picked walls to start with few of the ekt guys came in was good at the start, then it was as if the bots died down and went dumb mode. One good thing going 1vs30 or whatever is gives you good practice :)

This should be a mutator. It was really fun.

Should automatically lock all joining to 1 team, and then add 12 bots per joining person, up to the max at 4 players, and allow 8 players max.

Takes less players to play, less unaccounted for newbie rage, more casual. Really, it is a good time as well as a good introduction to RenX.

Oh, should also limit it to maps like Walls and Whiteout and Volcano.

• Totem Arts Staff
Sometimes when i get bored, as EKT we've 2 marathon servers go in server2 and put 30 or so bots onto another opposing team, and do as you intended to do snipe, but picked walls to start with few of the ekt guys came in was good at the start, then it was as if the bots died down and went dumb mode. One good thing going 1vs30 or whatever is gives you good practice :)

Really? Today I tried it with a guy in EKT server in Walls. 38 GDI personnel, 14 with tanks, pwned 2 of us in 10 minutes

Then there's that Whiteout. It went into stalemate because bots inside were suiciding instead of C4-ing the MCT (AI bug) and because my teammate and I repaired like crazy, while crossing over the assault from building to building. We were stuck in the base. I failed 10 times trying to get out to capture the Silo. Dark Souls moment happens :P

But it was really a gg, better than playing quiet 1 on 1. Some people might not like it due to the fact that they can't end the everlasting siege, but still, best target shooting range ever

When i added the bot's i did it via rcon in irc, so the bots i believe are default level, so when use added them i would assumed you had them on level 7 that's where the difference lies :D

I dislike 1vs1 2vs2 i would rather just snipe with them until the server builds up where you can have an attacking/defensive game with real players.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yea, I did the vote option. I did set them to skill 7. By default it should 4... or 5 (dunno where Adept's at)

Their attack pattern is funny. Early game : They Soldier rush. Then Humvee/Buggy plus APC start coming in. Then Tanks. By late game, Ramjets and PIC/Railgun will fill your base for some reason :P

I think if there was a way we could rcon them in from irc with a set skill level it would be more fun/challenge, but was too lazy to do it in-game lol irc was much quicker.

Yeah i have noticed that, i don't get the bot concept, although saying that i have recently noticed the bots do fix certain things from time to time, which is good, i just wish they would stop standing in the same places over and over again :(

• Totem Arts Staff

fixing... that happens in single player, but somehow the bot didn't fix anything on our game in field except vehicles

Anyway, these matches had me understand some bot logics

What the bots inherit from UT bots are :

1. Strafings and dodgings. They have good maneuver as if they were on a deathmatch. Better try rocketing them instead of rifling

2. Tendency to leave 10 percent or less health vehicle. UT had a rule of killing passengers upon vehicle explosion

What was strange about bots are

1. Upon facing MCT, they suicide. They blow structures with tank shells, no other means

2. Flame Tank driver doesn't burn buildings for some reason. They do burn enemies

The UT bots which tend to leave vehicle 10percent or less is extremely annoying when server has a fair few folk in it, bot's essentially can ruin a good fight/game depending on who's in the at time.

Bot's are very strange with what they do, no idea with flame tank driver just burns enemies though :S lol. Assuming the bots will always be like this.

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, let's see the future. At least they will still have strength in numbers enough to give even the most professional much trouble holding the base out while striking back

But if this does make it into its' own game mode, either beacon must be disabled, ineffective against structures, or give bot ability to disarm them during the match

Strength in numbers is a given.

Can just picture it, a bot trying to disable a beacon running around daft trying to locate it lol

To be fair, a mutator designed specifically for bot horde, should probably disable beacon purchases. Airstrikes are okay :P And probably disable harvester respawn but have 1.5 credit generation.