Harvester destroys my Mammoth

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

This happened once on Walls. I blocked the main entrance with a Mammoth when a (drunk) harvester came out to harvest more Tiberium. Since usually they just end up running my tank over, I just stay still. Turns out this was a big mistake

All in a sudden, the damn harvester flips my 1500 credits tank over, carrying it and jettisoned me. It survived at 4%, but was stolen by a Nod, only to be blown up in the next second

Damn harvester needs tweaks. It's supposed to give us credits, not waste it

Perhaps you should try getting out of the way when the harvester comes in.

+1

Even though on maps like Walls and Islands defending the main entrance with 2 tanks (be it 2 mammies or 2 meds or 1 each) is a great SBH detection method. But in both cases, they also block vehicles leaving the base.

Besides, SBHs can still enter the base detected, 2 mammoths might not kill them, only damage them beyond 50%. As they are too slow to chase (and unwise if other SBHs are waiting) the guarding tanks are at a mercy of other fellow defenders doing their jobs

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah, I know. It was for APC rush blocker. Besides, SBH can still enter through the tunnel. Which will prompt me to use APC guarding the tunnels in both Island and Field (except Nod for Field. The blocker sucks there)

Even so, this is just wrong in every way possible

14l61hv.jpg

No you shouldnt be able to flip other vehicles. With stock UDK physics this was possible but we added some tweaks to prevent that. Your vehicle basically looses traction when you get in contact with another vehicle. But this rules dont count for the harvesters so that it cant be blocked that easily.

Man... a harvester flipped you one time. Get over it. It never ever happened to me and i never saw it happening. First world problems. If we would have nothing else to look into this might be on the list but atm there are lots of other things that are much more important.