What maps can we expect for later release

noxidevad

After a short browsing via the search bitty, i couldn't see if there was a thread or anything relating to new map releases in the future (Possibly on the beta4 wishlist thread, but couldn't see it) However if there is another thread then please remove this one, and kindly point me in the right direction. With that being said after recently watching kenz3001 (hope that's right) video of making of canyon, a personal old favourite map of mine, i was googling the old renegade maps and was wondering if these at any point will be added into the game at a future date..

C&C Under (Old skirmish map)

cncunder.jpg

C&C City (Big map but fun when its full, and hey who knew it was like a karting track)

cnccity.jpg

C&C Complex (Most balanced map imo back in the days)

cnccomplex.jpg

Also forgive me if i posted this in the wrong category

Thanks

Angrydave1987

i always remember when crates where enabled, if you were lucky enough to get god on it hell that was fun, although most annoying thing about that map, was when weapons use to drop which i miss, and you'd get a sbh just waiting until your red pop you, and take your sniper rifle lol

Under and Complex are under development and are nearly done. City was attempted a few times already by different designers but those attempts didnt make it far... but dont worry, another attempt to make City has already been started. But it i out cursed map atm ^^

Under and Complex are under development and are nearly done. City was attempted a few times already by different designers but those attempts didnt make it far... but dont worry, another attempt to make City has already been started. But it i out cursed map atm ^^

Will there be any changes to Under to address some of the innate issues, like stalemates and the like? Community feedback on Whiteout was a success so maybe youll open the mic again to us?

BunkersTS, MetroTS, Siege, GlacierTS, BasinTS

You need to just remake Ack and Somerhino maps.

Also whoever is remaking the original maps should try to pay a bit more attention to the original design of the tunnels. In trying to make things look more stylish you end up leaving out important aspects that change the gameplay (for the worse imo). A good example is the islands tunnels - side pillars along the glass/wall were removed, these pillars were the only cover in the tunnels. Without them it's much harder to push into the tunnels, and fights are just more boring in there now. Also affects balance on islands because the tunnels aren't symmetrical. These were everywhere in the Canyon tunnels too so I hope you haven't also removed those

Will there be any changes to Under to address some of the innate issues, like stalemates and the like? Community feedback on Whiteout was a success so maybe youll open the mic again to us?

Yes i think some changes against stalemates were made, though i didnt take a look at the state of the map for some time. But this definatly was discussed a lot.

• 4 months later...

I don't know what map it was but in the final days of EA supported play for Renegade I came across a map that just made my jaw drop.

A map with a max population of 100 players. It was a huge map laced with shorter tunnel and infantry paths and no obvious ways to bombard an enemy base without actually being just outside it.

Is there a chance of a map like this popping up? If so, a way to resupply in the field would probably be a must.

City was an 8-like-shape road system. 1 going several metres above the other when intersecting. 2 skyscrapers at either side of the bases and in the middle 2 flats. Flying vehicles couldnt fly over those, but could fly over the 4 skyscrapers.

both sides had 1 vantage point each, accessed through 2 tunnels, overlooking the middle field, while there were 2 balcony type of things overlooking each base.

Oh boy, did I hate those snipers on top of the bridge.

I remember that map. It was always fun to use the towers near each base as vantage points to defend against vehicle rushes.

I would love to see that back in the game.

I also seem to remember someone managing to get an arty a good ways up the ramp in the Nod base for some reason. Makes more sense to me as someone trying to drive a vehicle on top of the Bar in the Fields map which I encountered last night.