Better ban measures

Kriemhild Gretchen

Today, on TheMatrixRen.Net, we had to deal with a team hamperer across multiple games. This person would deliberately mine poorly to leave doors open, immobilize vehicles by ramming them with an APC and blocking off Obelisks with a light tank, rendering the people inside unable to get out. He was kickbanned at least half a dozen times, but he had a VPN so he couldn't be effectively perma'd.

I'd like to ask for additional measures to be taken to make bans more effective. One idea I read was implementing UUIDs (I presume this stands for unique user identification) for installation. That would work really well. Even if it could be circumvented through reinstalling, it'd be a lot of trouble to go through.

As it stands, the game is extremely vulnerable to deliberate team hampering. While, oftentimes, it's indistinguishable from simply being new to the game (Nothing wrong with that, so long as they listen to other's advice, watch the videos and learn) in true cases, more should be able to be done.

For Beta 3 I'm hoping there's going to be a voteban option in the vote menu, or __ minute delay when rejoining a game after being kicked. Team hamperers are indeed irritating when they get kicked and come back.

I've never seen server moderators banning players so I'm not too sure if contacting an admin would be an option right now, but I hope I'm wrong. But, when (if) the game gets to steam one day, the ban system is for sure going to be much more reliable.

We try our best to keep the server clean of cheaters/assholes but without a UUID as mentioned the best we can do is ban ip/ip ranges/hostnames/nicks.

Requiring steam would also somewhat fix this, but not everyone uses it

@Campingjeff: please use !requestmod if there is no mod ingame to help you

Today, on TheMatrixRen.Net, we had to deal with a team hamperer across multiple games. This person would deliberately mine poorly to leave doors open, immobilize vehicles by ramming them with an APC and blocking off Obelisks with a light tank, rendering the people inside unable to get out. He was kickbanned at least half a dozen times, but he had a VPN so he couldn't be effectively perma'd.

Last night when I left (Dutch time) this was already going on. I remined a building and two minutes later the mines were gone. Sometimes the person mined in odd places, another time he used a lot of remotes. We've lost quite few matches because of this. Later on someone was also handing over vehicles. At that moment the biggest problem was identifying the person. Would it be great if you can see who's c4 / mine / remote is somewhere? Makes warning (and further on kicking) players a lot easier.

Last night when I left (Dutch time) this was already going on. I remined a building and two minutes later the mines were gone. Sometimes the person mined in odd places, another time he used a lot of remotes. We've lost quite few matches because of this. Later on someone was also handing over vehicles. At that moment the biggest problem was identifying the person. Would it be great if you can see who's c4 / mine / remote is somewhere? Makes warning (and further on kicking) players a lot easier.

There's another request. Please display names when you hover over mines, C4 and the like.