why do silos now broadcast team EVA/Cabal sounds

That much, is game functionality, not so much canonical.

I don't see the fascination with cabal as the Nod announcer either, the other hot sounding Nod chick from C&C Renegade suffices. Or Kane himself if you are shooting for awesome instead of canon.

All the announcements though, are just function. A game like Renegade classic needed more announcements, you would get a message saying AGT under attack, and another message saying War Factory Destroyed... :eek: . A game like this has sufficient callouts. I hated not having one for the silo, the only ambiguous cunning ways to tell if silo was captured was going into secondary weapons at a PT. If a vet can know to do that, then make it a VISIBLE ICON OR CALLOUT so newbies can do it too.

• 2 months later...
ROCK":163eookm]Brotherhood didn't get cabal during the first tiberian war

so why do silos now broadcast team EVA/Cabal sounds on capture and loss?

sorry for my poor english :P

It's nice to know when you've lost or gained the silo without having to notice you can no longer buy the Tiberian weapons. As soon as I hear the announcement, I head on over to recapture if I can.

ROCK":2f1kt2wb]Brotherhood didn't get cabal during the first tiberian war

It's nice to know when you've lost or gained the silo without having to notice you can no longer buy the Tiberian weapons. As soon as I hear the announcement, I head on over to recapture if I can.

Yes, thats true. But i would be nice, when i have a simbol on your HUD thats shows, which team the silo current owns, beside the announecment .

ROCK":3lj4f1pz]Brotherhood didn't get cabal during the first tiberian war

I don't think he was complaining about the announcement. I think he was pointing out Cabal is used in this game instead of the Nod EVA voice like in Renegade. Cabal wasn't even apart of the Renegade universe.

ROCK":35tma9qm]Brotherhood didn't get cabal during the first tiberian war

I don't think he was complaining about the announcement. I think he was pointing out Cabal is used in this game instead of the Nod EVA voice like in Renegade. Cabal wasn't even apart of the Renegade universe.

CABAL? Yes, he was too a part of Renegade, in the last mission of the campaign in Nods Temple you would hear a simple version of him.

But, Renegade was never even remotely lore-accurate. Just a really good FPS/RTS hybrid ;)