Using Steam

Truxa

Hi all!

I've been wondering this for a couple weeks now, but it seems that a lot of people use their Steam to play Renegade X.

I have steam, but Renegade X is not using it and trying to search for Renegade X in Steam yield no results.

Do I have to link Steam with Renegade X to include some features (e.g. stat tarcking) in some fashioned way?

Unreal Development Kit has its own Steam AppID meaning if you open renegade x with steam in the background it will say "In Game Unreal Development Kit" which is enough to get the overlay and stats, you don't have to add the game to your library.

I'm having a similar issue. I tried running the game from the launcher and the binary directly, and although Steam itself recognized I was in-game on UDK, the game / servers did not. As a result, I ended up not being able to test a bot-side ladder system. :(

Unreal Development Kit has its own Steam AppID meaning if you open renegade x with steam in the background it will say "In Game Unreal Development Kit" which is enough to get the overlay and stats, you don't have to add the game to your library.

Will do that next time!

I'm not in the habit of opening background programs that much, I use steam for Dayz standalone (only starts up through steam) but not for anything else. So starting steam was never considered, especially when you think "the least background programs active, the better the gameplay"