FakenEh's general feedback

FakenEh

Hello fellow renegaders! I'm just here to post my feedback so far.

Things I think need changed:

(Do remember that these are all in my opinion, so please take what I suggest with a grain of salt.)

- Airstrikes need an increase in cost from 700 to 1000. I think this is much more balanced price wise since you can only choose a beacon or an airstrike, and it prevents spamming.

- The Engineer hotkey for the purchase terminal is too close to the refill hotkey. He needs to get moved to another key so I don't accidentally downgrade my character trying to refill.

- McFarland needs an ammo clip nerf from 12 to 8. 12 is way too much for someone with his damage capability.

- The Flametrooper should do more damage the closer he is to his target. The opposite can be said about the Grenadier's primary fire, but make his secondary fire do full damage since they're delayed. This will fix the role reversal these two had when vsing infantry. (Note: This change shouldn't effect both weapons vs vehicles and buildings, since both weapons are suppose to have the same DPS against them.)

- The Carbine and machine pistol need less recoil when zoomed in.

- Tiberium weapons need a price increase (by how much I'm not sure), because they deal way too much damage to warrant the current price they're at.

Goldrush:

- What I think GDI's base should look like. I think GDI's current layout is way too messy and confusing, with the AGT being next to useless. With this set-up, the AGT should be able to cover most of the base (noted by the red killzone). So if you try to go anywhere else besides the Barracks, the AGT is gonna bring the hurt. The Weapons Factory took over the Ref's previous location, with it's smoke stacks wide open to vehicle fire. The Ref has a nifty arch formation to protect it from direct fire, although it can still get hit by Nod's Arty (the same can be said about the AGT).

- I don't know if this is a bug, an oversite, or actually intended; but please make the flowing water by GDI's infantry bridge insta-kill you.

- The AGT can shoot Nod infantry that tries to use the goldmine roof battlements, making it unfair to Nod who is trying to push with infantry support.

I'll try to keep this updated if I come up with any more ideas that can help keep this game balanced!

EDIT: Added another thing of feedback involving the Engineer hotkey for the purchase terminal.

Edited by Guest

Airstrikes are being nerfed pretty heavily for the first patch.

I'd have to agree with your other points there too - but note that the tiberium weapons are not supposed to be a one time purchase. They're supposed to have to be purchased each time a person spawns if they wish to use them. This is fixed in the next patch as well.

I don't really have an opinion yet on goldrush. I think people need to give it more time and play with it more, learning each strategy for each team before making any balance decisions. Getting into the nod base is really just as easy for GDI as it is for nod to get into GDI's base. You just have to get the layout down first. Sort of like glaicer in the original renegade. Everyone originally screamed "nod map," until they realized that GDI had access to almost all of the nod buildings by foot as well. Just give it a bit more time :)

I'm glad you liked them! :D

but note that the tiberium weapons are not supposed to be a one time purchase. They're supposed to have to be purchased each time a person spawns if they wish to use them. This is fixed in the next patch as well.

I was going by their original one time purchase, and I can't wait until they release the patch that fixes that annoying bug! I was just thinking a 50-100 bump in price for both weapons would make them fair sidegrades.

As for Goldrush; I was just throwing that idea out there mostly because I felt GDI's base looked messy. I know GDI's current base is suppose to have a haphazard look, but I just feel that their standards would've been higher than that. I still think they need to make that flowing water by GDI's bridge insta-kill and make it so the AGT can't fire on Nod infantry trying to support it's vehicles on top of the goldmine battlements.

I'd also like to add that the Engineer hotkey for the purchase terminal is too close to the refill hotkey. Any chance you devs can move it to another key so I don't accidentally downgrade my character trying to refill?