Weekend gatherings?

EGDamag3

Does anyone want to try get some games going on a ren x beta server again on the weekends maybe? I missed out on all the fun as the ammount on the servers that are up now and again are mainly 0. Just wondered if anyone wants to try get some games going till the final ren x multiplayer client is released? Wish i found out aboute the beta alot earlier like when there was a good gathering and a few games going on the weeknds etc.

Pretty much everyone would be down for these. The problem is, the only server thats up is some lagtastic Chinese one. Occasionallky theres a laggy Euro one, but we could really use a good North America one. I tried hosting one myself, but I kept getting errors. Anyone know what to do to host?

OK, I'm running into problems at this step, and of course it's one of the few where he doesn't talk about possible problems:

When I run the batchfile, command prompt opens up and closes in less than a second; I can't even see what it does, but I know that some of the files it was supposed to create that I am supposed to edit are not there, meaning it didn't do it's task. I have tried running it as admin with the same result.

******** First Server Test Run ****************************************

Now we open the file startrenx.bat to startup the server for the first time.

A command window will popup and the server will start to load.

When is it finished loading? When you see the message on console like:

"Log: FSTUNClient test complete, NAT is open."

and/or when you see a bunch of messages like this:

"Log: CheckConnectionAttempt: Error while checking socket status."

When you see those messages, then CLOSE the server again.

A bunch of configuration files were created in the config folders during the first

startup of the server which we must look at first.

Done? Proceed with the next step.