Crates

Madvillain

Could you please disable the crates or just disable the ion/nuclear suicide kills and the spy/new kits System. It doesnt really work properly and if i just bought a new character or kit it just sucks to run over a crate and get different negative things over and over again. Its alright that you can get Money bonuses but nothing more.

Rule of Thumb in default settings: Do not get crates if you have a unit with an investment attached. Watch out closely and avoid the proximity of one.

Generally, a better question that the devs themselves can fix, is why the crates can grief teammates? Can't the crates create the animation and cause the effect of "just the player that got it"? So, the crates create explosion animation on location, and crates set health of activator to 0. Instead of the explosion being real and being really assanine to die from by association.

The crates have been in literally every Command & Conquer game (that includes Renegade as well.) As it was said though, the kits and nuke/ion crates probability are handled by whoever is running the server you're playing on, so you'll likely want to talk to them instead.

There's no better feeling than watching a Havoc suddenly get Ion Cannon'd though... and I have a love-hate relationship with the crates whenever my 1000 credit unit gets transformed into a freebie engineer. It's part of the fun. :D

Two things:

1.) I don't think there were any crates with negative effects in TibDawn. You were rewarded for getting to it first. It's kinda strange to be punished for beating the enemy there.

2.) The spy crate seems to be the only way to break a stalemate on Field, as you can get past base defenses with it. and that map is VERY stalematey. I rarely finish a game with base destruction.

Crates are not in a map to feed the fats. They are there for those who cannot afford new tanks or infantry because they are low credits, or because of building destruction.

They are a gamble for those who want to get something useful for their team (or himself). They should not be considered as a second credit income ! A gamble worth to take if there is some "hope" needed for the enemy team, to prevent them from rage-quit.

Also you could be glad there is no negative credit crate, since some servers had them in the original Renegade.

Personally, I never liked the Ion/Nuke crates. But don't get me wrong, I'm not against crates that can kill you, I just don't like seeing ion/nuke explosions when a beacon isn't deployed. Besides it looking ridiculous, it's super loud and drowns out announcements and things that you're trying to listen for.

There is actually a lot of behind the scenes stuff with crate rewards. First and foremost, server owners can adjust them. But more importantly, certain rewards are tied to the progression of the game. For example, you shouldn't get a vehicle crate within the first few minutes of the match. Or you are more likely to get a new character if your barracks/hand of nod are destroyed.

Death crates are, from what I understand, one of the lower probable rewards. But they should not be removed (unless in clan games). However, like I said before, the ion/nuke deaths are stupid. They should be replaced with just sudden death or tiberium death or something. And no crate should be able to effect people standing nearby... except vehicle crates, which could crush unfortunate bystanders. (

)