Missle Lock Toggle

Daedhart

Is there, or could there be, a way to toggle the auto-lock on feature for rockets, such as from MRLs or the apache? The lock-on feature is nice against fast movers like buggies or flyers, but against slow units, its a massive hamper. They lock on really fast and cant be directed after being fired, so theres bugger all strategy involved. I can micromanage an arty fire debuff (drop off) easily, but I just cant get the MRL to be effective against anything but buildings.

Almost every lock on weapon has a dumb fire mode that can be used with right click (secondary fire) Mammoth tanks and I guess aircraft as the ones that don't have this alternative. Would be nice if they did though.

Oh, I get it, because they ARE secondary.

Maybe they should make a button toggle that disables lockon in the engine?

So, with it toggled, you never get the lockon text next to red squares ever, because the game skips attempting to use lock on and everything is free fired. Then if it is toggled on, the game attempts to use lock on and the text does pop up next to red squares. Just a suggestion in light of the problem. The other solution requires a lot of micro, but they could make vehicles have switchable weapons, and then players can just roll mouse wheel for the rockets and left to lockon and right to dumbfire, but thats a lot of weapon switching constantly with the mammoth tank...

Use alternate fire for the MRLS (Default right mouse button). For helicopters it would be nice though.

Awesome, Ill need to test this out.

And I agree, flyers dont need lock on missiles for anything. Actually, Id just want the lock on removed completely from them, because the lock on is really meant to be used against vehicles moving faster than you, and nothing moves faster than a flyer.