Orca vs Apache / Stealth Tank

Terekhov

Having flown both the apache and the orca, and driven the stealth tank...I'm really not seeing the balance with these three. When I drive the apache/stank, I feel sorry for other vehicles because the matchups vs anything out there (except maybe a pic) is just not fair. The ORCA makes me want to punch a wall.

Here's my summary after playing 6-7 hours today, what are y'alls opinions? Am I bad and should feel bad :P or have you had similar experiences?

Apache:

- Better gun than orca

- 3x the missiles of the orca (huge advantage even with less damage, as you have a lot better chance of hitting them. Perhaps you could make a risk vs reward argument if the orca had 3-4, but as is, the ORCA sucks.)

Stealth Tank

- Does amazing amounts of damage with tomahawk-range missiles + good tracking for air units. The ORCA is effectively zoned out of whatever area a decent stealth tank is currently inhabiting. The Apache/MRLS and Apache/Mammoth relationships are nowhere near this unbalanced.

Whats up with the weapons ranges? The Orca's rockets simply poof off after a few meters...

I would like greater (or unlimited) weapon range and especially the orca (air units) have to get at least a doubled range. Rockets that that explode after 10 meters are not cool, when having only 300HP. :(

By the way, the game looks f***** awesome! I played an early alpha and this is much better! Gameplay seems perfect on the first sight too!

One question: Can you still overrun enemies resulting in a one hit kill?

I dont like the stank because it has waaay to long of a range. Kinda defeats the purpose of being stealthed.
Agreed. They should have less range than the med, considering they're only 100 more and have stealth + very high DPS.
The flyers are worthless IMO. You have to pretty much snuggle your enemy to be in range.
Whats up with the weapons ranges? The Orca's rockets simply poof off after a few meters...

Agreed. These three fixes would do wonders:

• Increase ORCA payload to 3 or 4 missiles (with that shitty gun, their missiles SHOULD be better than apache missiles)
  • Increase apache and orca range by 5-8m
  • Decrease stank range by 10-13m

I hate how the flying units moves, as well. You'd think the air vehicles would have mobility, of all things, but they don't. They turn like slugs and go up and down at ridiculously bad speed, which doesn't help their terrible hit & run capabilities. This REALLY needs a change, in my opinion.

The Orca was also disapointing. I heard they wanted to make the Orca more about its rockets, and the Apache more about its gun. Strange how that is not at all how it seems.

I hate how the guns never go where you're aiming unless you're almost completely stationary.

They're range is a bit naff too. They weren't so bad in previous version where there were only 7 v 7 but with 64 players, it's nigh impossible to get close enough to anything to do anything to anything.

Edited by Guest

The air units definitely require a different style than in C&C Ren, it's much more opportunistic than before - to be honest I'm really enjoying that aspect of it. They can have a huge influence in swinging a fight, but in the end they're a DPS-support, not something that can carry the team, which is what I believe they were intended for.

A well driven stank crushes a mammoth atm, as long as it has obstacles around which it can duck and weave.

I hate how the guns never go where you're aiming unless you're almost completely stationary.
Try using the 'F' key to get the machine-gun view. It's amazing. Edited by Guest

The air units definitely require a different style than in C&C Ren, it's much more opportunistic than before - to be honest I'm really enjoying that aspect of it. They can have a huge influence in swinging a fight, but in the end they're a DPS-support, not something that can carry the team, which is what I believe they were intended for.

A well driven stank crushes a mammoth atm, as long as it has obstacles around which it can duck and weave.

Try using the 'F' key to get the machine-gun view. It's amazing.

... I know.

I find the Orca to be much more maneuverable than the Apache. But I think the Apache is the stronger attack chopper. The machine gun alone is enough to outclass the Orca.

Also, most people don't realize there is a vehicle boost, similar to infantry sprint. Aircraft move much faster when boosting.

I tried all night to do a vehicle boost in both grounds and flyers, to no avail. Am I missing something?