Team/Clan fights?

TopDawg

It's probably been addressed, and I apologize if it has and I just can't find it, but is there going to be a specific system to enable Team/Clan fighting? I've seen posts of tournaments as well, and I'm just curious as to how that's going to be handled and how it's all going to be set up.

I'm definitely interested in Renegade X, as I played the original quite a lot, and putting a team together to play in the competitive scene also greatly interests me (especially if people set up leagues, tournaments, etc). So I was just wondering if there were going to be in game tools, such as forming a team, with a roster and perhaps maybe even a tag and what have you, or if that's primarily going to be behind the scenes so to speak, and have custom servers for people to battle on?

And, what is likely to be the team sizes for fights? I remember being particularly fond of the 16-24 person servers, but I also remember that there were 64 person servers that were usually pretty full. Again I apologize if these have all been answered someplace. I'm just pretty excited for this game to finally be happening, and have been trying to get others interested as well. Thanks again!

Interesting. I'd have said 6v6 (and below) isn't really big enough to showcase all Renegade had/has to offer.

If there is a Clan ladder on release, how exactly does that work? Does it average out all the members of the Clan and their rankings from playing individually, or is there a group queue of some sort to match specific teams against other teams (which I guess I just assumed this would be server based like the original, or like CounterStrike, for instance)?

Dunno, I may talk kind of bullshit here [i never were into this clanstuff], but about clan fight... You may just have to join an empty server with a group you want to play with and well... that's it. "Like the old times."

For the other things... Wait and you'll see :)

Im probably going to want to grab a clan. I missed out on the whole clan mechanic in the original, dont want to miss out again.

Just find a bunch of guys (people) you like and play with them. Normally a clan will emerge out of this.

Normally you have a lot of more fun if you play in a clan with people you like.

Im probably going to want to grab a clan. I missed out on the whole clan mechanic in the original, dont want to miss out again.

Just find a bunch of guys (people) you like and play with them. Normally a clan will emerge out of this.

Normally you have a lot of more fun if you play in a clan with people you like.

Yeah, would be nice if I could get a group of people I know personally. My friends are a bunch of losers though, so Im not expecting them to appreciate the awesome of this game lol

Dunno, I may talk kind of bullshit here [i never were into this clanstuff], but about clan fight... You may just have to join an empty server with a group you want to play with and well... that's it. "Like the old times."

Yeah, I was just curious how this was all going to happen as I see people already posting about having tournaments and whatnot. So I was wondering if there was already a system designed in-game to handle these things or if it was going to be like the days of old.

Assuming they like the game, I have ~6 or more people interested in playing, and I was wondering how many more I might have to convince or try and recruit (assuming there was even a competitive scene etc). So I was curious as to what match numbers were, and personally was hoping they would be around 8-12 per side.

I was also curious about whether there were Clan tags provided in-game or not so as to govern people's naming conventions when we create accounts (unless it somehow uses the forum registry anyways?).

Just some simple questions I had since I haven't been able to find any concrete answers anywhere (not that they aren't here, just that I simply may not know where to look). Thanks for the responses so far though!

I am sort of expecting there be too few servers at first, all servers full and many people waiting for an opening to get in, some possibly needing to set up personal small servers on their own spare systems. Thus there will be no empty servers, like the "better older times" (2003 instead of 2008).

If my hopes and expectations are right, well this game doesn't seem too terribly hard to make a server on, plenty of us have a spare computer, would be surprised if your clan didn't have at least one guy with two computers. They say everyone in this day and age on average have one and a half computers.

Certain communities will host clanwar (password protected) servers specifically designed for clanwars. There is already one up in the private beta even.

There is also a discussion in place to possibly provide a team balance system that would attempt to place clan members together on the same team (so long as they do not exceed a certain % of overall players), for public servers. If the clan exceeds that specified %, it would be split into 2 and separated evenly based on points (as far as the start of a new map in concerned). It's in large part based on an algorithm created by blackintel (stealtheye specifically) in renegade servers. Again, as of now this is just a discussion and I cannot go too much into detail.

When I watched the stream, I was under the impression that this system was already in place because clan members like [H2O]Kill and [H2O]Whiskey were always put on the same team.

I would really like to be able to play with friends. Having the option for two people to always get paired together would be great and wouldn't be terribly unbalanced.

There is no automix team implemented currently. That's why it is being discussed - it is in the makings (at least it was, I have not had the chance to install the new beta that was just released like yesterday privately). So they were on the same team every game because everyone was because that was the only possible way (though for the private beta, everyone has access to team change at will regardless). Team remix will be added though, so no worries. The discussion is if and how there will be a clan priority algorithm in place. Obviously for clanwars, no team remix is necessary for those servers.

I agree, since we don't want one team to be stacked with whole bunch of clan people so they can proceed to "pubstomp" the other team. Again, my opinion is that having people join in pairs won't really make a difference, but more would cause an imbalance especially in smaller matchups.

Yes, the idea is to not have one clan exceed a certain overall server player count percentage, and if they do - they'd be split in approximately halves. It should work rather well to do exactly as you say - give friends the ability to play together, without allowing for a huge clan to "pubstomp" an enemy team, because any larger clan would be split up. The complete details are private though - so as to not allow players to find a way around it or abuse it, as I am sure you can understand.

Well the algothrithm at the end of the game would basically make it so that the next map had the 2 teams split up evenly by the points they earned in the game prior. Meaning it would appear to be random, but really it would be splitting them up in an even way. The discussed option is to make it so that anyone in the same clan has the opportunity to join the team of his clanmate(s), so long as the clan size ingame is not too large

Well the algothrithm at the end of the game would basically make it so that the next map had the 2 teams split up evenly by the points they earned in the game prior. Meaning it would appear to be random, but really it would be splitting them up in an even way. The discussed option is to make it so that anyone in the same clan has the opportunity to join the team of his clanmate(s), so long as the clan size ingame is not too large

Yeah, I think Id prefer the point split up system more...though that may change if/when I get a clan.

Pub games should/will randomize teams each game.

There was a big clanwar presence in Renegade and I expect the same will happen with Ren-X. We're pushing heavily to get a clanwar ladder up as soon as possible, and from what we hear, they're working on it.

The great thing about Renegade and Ren-X, is any size clanwar game is fun. The bigger the better though.