Looks like we will be getting some more players...

Angry Scientist

Short story, I am a member of a 'secret', 'non-existent' website with thousands of members. It seems someone just discovered

RenX, and got several hundred members fangirling and going nostalgic over the old days of Renegade.

Many were skeptical and though EA would shut you guys down; I promptly explained that you had permission.

Most of them are currently downloading both BD and, for those with UT3, the beta. I'm running into those "update server" error messages on the server client again, and I think someone already posted that the browser isn't working. Let's see if we can get it all up and running again, and we might see some big games to satiate our cravings before the standalone.

The server listings are down as well as no servers actually up. The error message was a glitch in my code in .555 but has been fixed in 0.556 (not released) For now since there are no servers, I didn't feel the need to push the update since I have been busy working on black dawn.

A couple euro servers popped up today, actually played a small game. also, the website is going nuts over this. they're really excited by your work!

Just finished migrating the site to a different server just to help. I think some poorly written scripts on this site is causing some issues. I only notice the problem when there are ~300 tasks going on. Server bandwidth throughput doesn't seem to make much of a difference as long as it doesn't go over 1Gbps. Either way, should be doing a little better now until the hype calms down for the game and the website.