Are there a lot of people that play Renegade X?

Mr. Comply

So I played the original C&C renegade when I was a kid and I even played the original C&C red alert. Both games were amazing. This mod looks freaking sick! I just wanna make sure that this game has a rather large and active online community before I go and buy Unreal Tournament 3 sourly for this mod. Soooooooo are there plenty of servers with plenty of players online? Just wondering cause I bought Rainbow Six Vegas a while back only to find that the online community was 98% dead.

My advice would be to wait for the standalone coming the 28th of January 2012. You could grab yourself a copy of Unreal Tournament 3, but there aren't a lot of people playing the UT3 version of Renegade X right now, so you might end up having games with 2 or 3 people.

On the 28th of January, the single-player portion of (standalone) Renegade X will be released, and will act as a preliminary demonstration and a first-hand experience of the new face of Renegade X on the Unreal Development Kit.

You are, however, free to buy Unreal Tournament 3 and check out the Unreal Tournament 3 release. :-)