Renegade X: Community Q&A - Episode #6.. with Fobby!

Jam

• Totem Arts Staff

awesome vid ... best 1 yet ...

i got a Question ...

will it be possible to make infantry only maps in the MP standalone version of Renegade X and will there be a way to control purchase terminals (PT's) in the editor (as you have said you will be releasing a editor) or server side to affectively turn on or off infantry, vehicles, aircraft and/or super weapons ?

how exactly will 'stress' work? Will it depend on how many enemies you are facing, how many bullets are passing at close proximity, damage taken, actions taken in short time (jumping, changing walking direction, ducking etc) or friendlies nearby dieing? What will it effect? Running speed, accuracy, reload times, speed at which you capture tech buildings etc.

Sounds very original as far as I know, unless it's a sort of copy of adrenalin from UT 2004 :P.

Listening to how it is explained, it seems like weapons which aren't meant for close combat will be harder to use when in close combat. Would be great I think, snipers would actually need backup when moving through close quarters.

Can't say I'm totally a fan of the 'recoil'. While I don't know how it will play out, I would hate to see the current high accuracy run-and-gun playstyle go to waste with basic infantry and the like. I always figured I was among the best when it came to basic inf combat :P. Having to fire in bursts, or firing while standing still with machine guns is good for shooters like crysis and MW3, not an arcade shooter like renegade. Or at least, thats how I think it is.

So the question comes down to: how will recoil work in the game?

Every time someone mentions a new vehicle, they always seem to replace another vehicle. Will there be option for servers to not just replace one vehicle with another, but also allow those swapped vehicles to be bought simultaneously? More vehicles, more joy!

Another thing about new vehicles: GUNBOATS?!?! Will we actually be able to drive them instead of having something to look at?

And last question: what kind of assault modes are you thinking off?

(fluff)

Will this be defending a critical point for a certain time (with and without waypoints), having to kill the other teams critical unit/prototype, capturing and returning to base with a specific object (plain CTF or having to actually use a special cargo truck to load something in and driving it back to base), will there be draws (One team defends the object, the other tries to take it, if it's destroyed in the process, both teams lose), will it be waypoint based (team 1 assaults the beach and has to reach point whatever to win) and/or destruction based (team 1 assaults the base and needs to cut power to beach defences or destroy all SAMS on site) or a convoy mission where you protect a unit as it moves from point to point?

Also, will it be base vs base oriënted (This could be played on slightly modified normal maps), or special assault maps with special setups, unit availability etc?

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.