Phyre is no longer with us

MightyBOB

There's no easy way to say this, but on Friday the first of April 2011 at about 1:30 PM PST, most likely the worst day of the year for something like this, Joe Le, aka Phyre, fell into the San Gabriel river at a rope crossing.

He helped get Renegade-X on its feet back in the day as one of the early staff. His passion was mainly in 2D art, graphic design, promotional materials and wallpapers and the like. He also contributed to Reborn a few years ago before Ren-X and also to APB.

The river current was very strong and he disappeared from the view of the friends he was hiking with after only a matter of moments. It pains me to say that he is no longer among the living.

He was one of the brightest, talented, and funny individuals I have ever known, and I am going to miss him a lot. He's gone way before his time.

n5314291463548598155.jpg

And no, this is not a horrible prank.

• Totem Arts Staff

This is terrible to hear. Although it has been a couple years since I've last talked to Phyre, as Mighty BOB pointed out, he did help out a bit in the formation of Renegade X and Reborn, and while he was active, I had the pleasure in talking to him many times, serious work and jokes. Horrible to hear that he's gone... and very early for him at that.

I was just thinking about him a couple weeks ago, wondering when I'll talk to him next. But it looks like that'll be some other day in some other life. Live everyday like it's your last, people, because one day you'll be right. Rest in peace buddy.

One of his promotional works in the early days of Renegade X (late 2006):

1183gg7.jpg