Crash and other bugs

Angry Scientist

I just played a couple matches with several people, including Havoc89 and Fobby.

I spoke to Fobby about one bug in game, where I had purchased a mammoth tank, and immediately it was destroyed upon exiting the WF, due to a medium tank being built right after.

This may not be a bug, just a timing issue.

Then about 5 minutes later, the game froze and crashed in the middle of a firefight.

I was unable to join back in, because the server never updated and removed my account from the player list. Hopefully it will refresh on the next map, but it sounds like a server bug.

• Totem Arts Staff

you use the UT3 (gamespy) login so when you enter the server you name will always be that name .... this is called ghosting it happens on all types server from irc to ut3 the only way to get around it is by either waiting for a map change or asking a Admin to kick that nick (only possible via irc on the MP slaughterhouse server) as for the vehicle bug it was in Renegade too it is a pain in the ares as you don't get your money back

this thread belongs in the bug forum ... no ?

any way the crash is most probably your PC playing funny buggers try updating you DirectX and graphics card and try having your sound sampling set to 16bit 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) as this helps with lots of DX9 games

Its a ghost glitch.. it happens all the time. The reason the frontend says it is so that you don't have to waste time launching the client and joining the game only to be denied access. You have to either join with a different nickname, or find a moderator to unghost you.... ALSO i think there is a command to do it yourself... ask around.

Actually the server won't block the player from joining but will just force his/her name to some random other name, allowing the person to join the server. I remember that we had this bug with ReneGame 2011 and it was quite annoying, only people that were on Teamspeak or IRC could ask for their ghost to be kicked.

The Renegade X Bot might also be extended with an !unghost command (if that proves to be functional with players that share the same IP and if Buzzer feels like implementing it :P ).