*NEW* Wanna play? - Solution for the empty server problem

frozenicce

Wanna play? - Solution for the empty server problem (@forum admins: old thread can be deleted)

Hey all,

the problem is that noone wants to wait on an empty server until more players arrive - yes

So my suggestion for a solution is to gather up in the official #renx IRC channel, so that the client does not have to be loaded (and blocking any other activity) and join the Gameserver when enough players are around.

Once this happens often enough the IRC channel might get obsolete when the Server is filled allways anyways, but until then i think this is the best solution.

How its gonna work:

- Join the official IRC Channel #renx on irc.mp-gaming.com using an IRC client of your choice or one of the IRC webclients like thisone: http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=Black-Cell.net&room=renx

- Communicate by changing your nickname with a status

Example:

if i want to play and waiting for players i change my nick to /nick wait^frozenicce

if i am ingame i use game^frozenicce

if not currently playing i use lobby^frozenicce or just frozenicce

When more players are gathering in the IRC channel the community will be alot more active and the server will be filled up more often.

Cheers

frozenicce

Let me just say I tried Ren X in offline mode just now and I was blown away, it plays almost exactly the same as Renegade (minus a few bugs) and it looks absolutely stunning. Unfortunately I live in Australia so it'll be a bit painful for me to play with 250 ping, but I'll still play anyway! Joined up to IRC and am now waiting :)

• 2 weeks later...

telling times is not as easy as you might think

as in my case im kinda busy alot at different times etc ...

so in the end it might work out for a few but gathering up in irc first to go to the server then is never a bad idea i think

yet if most are not willing to be around on irc either then that wont be a solution...

in the end i guess we will have to wait for the standalone version to have regular matches

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When the game comes as a standalone, steam might be a good way to get people playing.(if steam agrees to it) millions will see the game comercial when they launch it. theres afew games that are free on steam, and i ended up trying em all and still plays afew(like alien swarm). And this game is just so much more awesome than most onther games out there. would be a big succes on steam im sure.