FilePlanet talks Renegade X

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Danny from FilePlanet wrote a piece on popular total conversions, and one of the mods featured on this blog post was of course, Renegade X.

When Command & Conquer Renegade came out I was very much obsessed with beer, boobs, and college (sorta on that last one). I’m out of school now and the MOD team for Renegade X gave this game a reboot on the UTK3 engine. You can play either of the two factions GDI (read: wussies) or the Brotherhood of Nod (every girl likes a bad boy). It creates that old school, fast fragging, heart pounding, blowing asses up experience that you love from a good multiplayer battle.

Purchase your vehicles, your class and destroy the other teams base – simple. Tanks, buggies, and even the Flying Coffin now equiped with gunner seats are at your disposal.

RenegadeX-ss1-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss2-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss4-150x150.jpg

With the ability to switch between first and third person (just like the orginal) you can view every single angle. This is helpful to view those otherwise neglected important elements of gameplay (explosions).

RenegadeX-ss9-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss8-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss7-150x150.jpg

My Father had an old Plymouth Fury when he was young and man that car felt the love all over (couple times on Friday nights-BAM!). When he was older he got another and restored it to pristine condition but with many new upgraded parts just so he could enjoy it again (and again, and again, etc.). Playing this mod is like driving a newer version of a cherried out love bus. Git’ after it boy.

RenegadeX-ss3-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss5-150x150.jpg RenegadeX-ss6-150x150.jpg

A full release of this game is under development using the UDK and will be released as a new indie title for you to swallow (african or european I don’t give a rip). These guys have spent a lot of time to create one of the most impressive full conversions available today.

http://blog.fileplanet.com/2011/01/12/some-games-need-a-sex-change/