Will you devs re-create the Tiberium FPS?

zocom7

It's sad that EALA once started it and cancelled this great mature game despite very good content being used. But since you devs successfully re-created Renegade-X, any great chance if you can re-create the Tiberium FPS, (either from resources from EA or start from scratch)? After all, Tiberium uses the Unreal Engine 3. To do this, you need more mappers and coders and still make it a non-free game.

I don't think there's any other C&C dev team that wanted to do this.

It's sad that EALA once started it and cancelled this great mature game despite very good content being used. But since you devs successfully re-created Renegade-X, any great chance if you can re-create the Tiberium FPS, (either from resources from EA or start from scratch)? After all, Tiberium uses the Unreal Engine 3. To do this, you need more mappers and coders and still make it a non-free game.

I don't think there's any other C&C dev team that wanted to do this.

• Totem Arts Staff

the TCW dev team are making a UDK version or TCW that may incorporate "Tiberium" elements

there are no resorses as far as i know for the tiberium game and the professional Unreal Engine uses different assets and file types to the UDK so im not sure that a port will be possible

• Totem Arts Staff

the TCW dev team are making a UDK version or TCW that may incorporate "Tiberium" elements

there are no resorses as far as i know for the tiberium game and the professional Unreal Engine uses different assets and file types to the UDK so im not sure that a port will be possible

As far as I know, TCW on the UDK will have a game mechanic that works close to command and conquer mode, that we know from renegade.

Keep in mind that if EA (which has won an award as the worst company of the US) cancels a game because it is to worse, it really has to be worse. Tiberium was almost about one weapon, and as far as I know it already was canceled long before they figured out how to build it for multiplayer. So probably it would be ended as an game without gameplay or storyline, just shooting and shooting. When you imagen that the story has taken place during the C&C3 period, where there wasn't a walker or what ever you call it, used. But in Tibirium they where. So it would conflict between these 2 stories. So when you all the failures filter out of the game, you would only would have a multi-usable gun left.

As far as I know, TCW on the UDK will have a game mechanic that works close to command and conquer mode, that we know from renegade.

Keep in mind that if EA (which has won an award as the worst company of the US) cancels a game because it is to worse, it really has to be worse. Tiberium was almost about one weapon, and as far as I know it already was canceled long before they figured out how to build it for multiplayer. So probably it would be ended as an game without gameplay or storyline, just shooting and shooting. When you imagen that the story has taken place during the C&C3 period, where there wasn't a walker or what ever you call it, used. But in Tibirium they where. So it would conflict between these 2 stories. So when you all the failures filter out of the game, you would only would have a multi-usable gun left.

• 2 months later...

Maybe once we are done (i think havoc wanted this in the beginning) we might make it to where people can mod RenX. If so, maybe we can get BHP to try and port over APB and Reborn assets. Thus covering part, present, and future C&Cs.