What happen to the old HUD screen?

GDIViperM

Hey all!

Question to the modder!

There was a really nice looking head-up display screen in older videos of RenX! It looked very similar to the original HUD in C&C Ren...

And now is there a (in my opinion) cheap-one-color HUD, which looks not really better...

so whats the reason? ^^?

Example:

at 0:30 seconds you see the HUD

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Jan 22 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, and they decided that the HUD needed a little upgrade.

tbh, i really like the newer hud where all the info you need can be found like status of buildings etc.[/b]

yeah... this is a great upgreat! the informations on the actually HUD is awesome!!! but the designe is not so... ...just one color :(

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (GDIViperM @ Jan 22 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah... this is a great upgreat! the informations on the actually HUD is awesome!!! but the designe is not so... ...just one color :( [/b]

the HUD thay have now it awsome ... it just needs a outline (stroke) so that it can be seen on islands and under and the chat text needs it too or some sort of opaque/translucent panel that appears when text comes up coz text to speak pisses me off when loads of people / bots chat at the same time

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the new one...

After all Renegade-X is about Improving the old game, not creating a complete copy with prettier graphics... (srsly, that would be a waste of time... lol)

Only problem I have with the HUD is that the chatbox does not have a backdrop for it, makes it near impossible to read chat messages in CNCUnder!

Either way, good hud, the building status things need to be fixed as i dont beleve these work in multiplayer but do if you host a listen server on your pc locally, but then again i dont really pay much attention to that part of the screen... normally its where my crosshair is pointed :P