Easy way to make a Cult status of this mod!

Retrofraction

So an easy way to improve this game and get better PR is make an in game movie capture app that the general public can use.

Then it would be easy for people like me to make movies like RvsB or other fan films and upload them to youtube and get word of mouth out to other CNC renagade fans that have not seen or heard of Ren X :lol:

and try to make it output H.264 codec or mp4 format; so the movie files arn't 7gigs for 30 seconds like on fraps on HQ HDDD :lol:

also some of the text you generated in the video like the renagade X on the april fools video is there any way I could get those file or video with blanck BG to use for some fan video.

I am an amatuer film director and well I think I want to promote this game hard core!!! besides it looks like it could be fun too.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Retrofraction @ Jan 19 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So an easy way to improve this game and get better PR is make an in game movie capture app that the general public can use.

Then it would be easy for people like me to make movies like RvsB or other fan films and upload them to youtube and get word of mouth out to other CNC renagade fans that have not seen or heard of Ren X :lol:

and try to make it output H.264 codec or mp4 format; so the movie files arn't 7gigs for 30 seconds like on fraps on HQ HDDD :lol:

also some of the text you generated in the video like the renagade X on the april fools video is there any way I could get those file or video with blanck BG to use for some fan video.

I am an amatuer film director and well I think I want to promote this game hard core!!! besides it looks like it could be fun too.[/b]

ummmm you can with it alraedy but it records the entire 3d environment so you just need to use a app like fraps to film what you wont and if you use RypelCam mod you can make some well cool vids as spectator with a cam on a track you can swoop, sweep, pan the lot

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Jan 21 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is already a replay mode, you just need to start it, also its not ~30GB its less then 1MB.[/b]

ok maby you guys just didn't understand me. I know there is a replay mode in UT3 that takes all the in game objects and displays your game through your eyes, ok

However you have to use a PROGRAM like fraps to take still fram shots of your screen and then make a stop motion animation movie to make a video file, ( aka capture )

what would be cool if you could program a program similar to fraps in the game so when you are in replay mode you could just press capture and export it completely through Renagade X and select how you want it exsported and where it will go.

yes, the demo file is less than one megabite , but the video file that fraps makes at 1080P is insanly big for 30 seconds.

• Totem Arts Staff

hmmm what would be the point in that ?

alls you will get is the vid of what you see !!!! and you might be shit at the game and not were all the action is (you only see your side of the game) ... now by using Rypelcam you can scan the whole battle like a GOD

i see what you mean in that you can not export a video from u3t/renx mod witch is a bummer ... but why would you just wont 1 persons view of a battle in a video

free cam is much better ... can do what you like than :D

put the res down ... you dont need 1080p its not like most peole have a 32" tv as there monitor (yes i do but thats just as a second monitor to watch films on lol some times cod 6 lmao)

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Jan 22 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm what would be the point in that ?

alls you will get is the vid of what you see !!!! and you might be shit at the game and not were all the action is (you only see your side of the game) ... now by using Rypelcam you can scan the whole battle like a GOD

i see what you mean in that you can not export a video from u3t/renx mod witch is a bummer ... but why would you just wont 1 persons view of a battle in a video

free cam is much better ... can do what you like than :D

put the res down ... you dont need 1080p its not like most peole have a 32" tv as there monitor (yes i do but thats just as a second monitor to watch films on lol some times cod 6 lmao)[/b]

Cool thanks for telling me about Rypelcam.

yeah it was even a raw 1080P file with no compression it looked awsome

idk most of my friends/target audience that would play Renagade X all have monters that are over 25" I have the software to compress HD files to the point that they still look awsome and only take up 100-200megabites.

I still think it would be sweet if they could pull it off, no it would not be in the action but if you were observing the match you can be anywhere and that demo would be good.