remake the original renegade loading screen

kenz3001

• Totem Arts Staff

well it seems i have a lot of spare time lol i got a mock up and would like some input on the layout and colour scheme

i know that i have no GDI in at the mo i havent had the time to go back and forth geting every character to have there pic taken ( :) cheese :) ) so just mirrored nod for now

adding some fx late when i got the main layout sorted

hope you like

loadremakemockup.jpg

By kenz3001 at 2009-12-23

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Dec 23 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool!

There's a number of spelling errors though, and I'm not digging the background setting 100%.

Something like this can go into the contest as a Wallpaper too ;) [/b]

background is temporery but it wont be seen when all the fx go in

yer i know about the spelling ... im not a strong speller or touch typer lol

as for the comp ...i have a wallpaper in at the mo and this is not fineshed so it wont be entered unless somthing miraculous happens lol

thanks for your input ;)

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Dec 23 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool!

There's a number of spelling errors though, and I'm not digging the background setting 100%.

Something like this can go into the contest as a Wallpaper too ;) [/b]

Shouldent those characters be coughing and chocking because of the fact that they are standing on Tiberium lol?. But I would like the ability to change loading screens, I would like to use the original one just because I preffer to use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Jan 2 2010, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should be GDI infantry on the left and Nod on the right. How come it's just Nod infantry?[/b]

lol coz its a mock up lol i dint have time do get screenshots of GDI and cut them out lol and i carnt at the mo coz my PSU is fucked .. i carnt go over 65% on my cpu and gpu or my PSU cuts out :( so no photoshop or games ... got a new 1 coming but dont know when it will be here :(

• Totem Arts Staff

ok i have an update untill the next beta (v0.5) comes out so i can get both nod and gdi forces pics taken properly in hi res as i can only run the game in low settings at the mo (fucking PSU) plus there will be havoc ;)

loadremakev15.th.jpg

hope you like v1.5

i also have the loading screen file .bik if any 1 would like it ... no animation at the mo tho :(

Maybe make a compleet new (sticky'd) topic for wallpapers,

where people can make wallpapers for the game without prizes...

I think like to make wallpapers just for fun too,

aslong as there's no deadline :P

I was about to make the renegade loading screen for the wallpaper contest,

but I was way to lazy xD

Nice wallpapers btw kenz.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (NodGuy @ Jan 4 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you also be using the Original Menu screen? and the music, you really gotta use that Menu music[/b]

i have the original renegade music and can add it in to the .bik ... but not sure if i am allowed to use it due to copyright

QUOTE (bug @ Jan 4 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was about to make the renegade loading screen for the wallpaper contest,
but I was way to lazy xD.[/b]

me too but did not have the time

this was not designed as a wallpaper but you are more than welcome to use it as 1

• Totem Arts Staff

ok ive been messing around with cinema 4d and now have a 3d spinning logo, im not very good in 3d so it dose not look as good i would of hoped, but its a good start i think ... so if any 1 can make a better looking 1 that i can animate in cinema 4d or that is animated and all i have to do is convert to about 90 psd's ( :o yes it took 90 images to make this lmao)

this animated gif is very poor due to it beeing a gif but the loader is sharp and smooth (can i say that lol) sharp image, smooth animation (90 bloody frames ffs it must be smooth)

sharp and smooth

testrx.th.gif

• Totem Arts Staff

opps forgot to post the .bik

there are 8 files but they are the same just replace in

were ever you installed UT3\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Movies <<<< backup first ;)

this does not work for renegade x for some reason, i have messed with my UTEngine.ini file with not resaults ...

by the way there is a loader in renegade x already it just does not work for the same reason but is located in

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Movies

if you wont them in UT3 just copy and paste to install dirctory like above

there is the problem of the UT3 text coming up over the loader giving you tips like alt fire and stuff

any 1 got any sugestions about making this work in the mod i would be more than happy to listen

link for the .bik files :

widescreen (1920x1200)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmwtnomnx2r

standerd (1280x1024)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tywvwwtm4z5

it is large as it is very hi res

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

ok just gott a little update to the image not much i know (i got board lol)

loadremaketestwidecreen.th.jpg

tell me what you think .... i am thinking of swoping the bottem to the top and top to bottem if you know what i mean

edit : the swop:

new1s.th.jpg

the only problem with it is that the map name and UT3 text coming up over the loader giving you tips like alt fire and stuff over the top of the bottem half

but i would really like to know if there is any one out there (maybe a DEV ;) ) that could make me an animation of Havoc and or Sakura running on the spot with the cam rotating around ....you know like the origanal renegade installer animations

i would most appreciate if any 1 could have a go for me .... im pants at 3d and carnt export upk files as i dont have maya or 3d max :(