This mod NEEDS auto-balancing

Eraser87

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Nov 29 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really. I hate it when a game forces you to automatically change teams.

It should be either you chose to change on your own or you are kicked.[/b]

naw we need at least a command to balance teams, its frustrating being a mod and sometimes ppl just ignore u when u request balancing teams

QUOTE (frish @ Nov 30 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
naw we need at least a command to balance teams, its frustrating being a mod and sometimes ppl just ignore u when u request balancing teams[/b]

The best auto-teamchanges I've seen were where you were switched when you died. It saved getting killed instantly without warning. If you add an option that everyone get's a personal message saying that the teams are unbalanced and need to be changed, and everyone can use a command to change teams right there and then without repercussions (such as reimbursment of the money you put into the tank/character you currently own). And perhaps an option to switch to the character/tank that your new team has available should the production facility for those characters/tanks already be destroyed. That would help, especially if you are switched to a team that has had the wf and inf destroyed which caused a lot of people to leave in the first place.
No sense in being punished by a switch especially if you were the one destroying the buildings.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Nov 30 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really can't stand it when I'm playing and the next second I'm on the other team. I would rather leave the game.[/b]

yer tell me about it i set a nuke/ion beacon and then it switches me to other team and i killed my own building ... WTF is that about ?

yep you should not be able to choose the team, like in renny ... and shuffle b4 the map ... a new joining player always joins the team with less points or less players ...

if the teams are unbalanced with more than 3 players there should be the option to switch to the losing team, but you should gain a reward for switching the team

like 2000 credits, or a beacon ... i think 2000 credits would be good .. forcing balance in midd match sux ... i mostlikely leave the server, its annoying

in ET:QW everyone in the team with more players get a message what says "Teams are unbalanced press Fx to change Team and you get 10XP reward" (something like that)

the problem is that 10xp means nothing, so the reward is useless ... you need a reward what actually makes a player think it is worth switching, and makes him think

he could probably change the situation even if the team is far behind ...

with 2000 Credits the player could buy 2 beacons (or 1 with no pp) or a mammy or a pic or 2 meds for the team or 3 lights ... you get the point?

btw ... this reward should only be for players who switch the team when the other team is 3+ players behind the team with more players, and maybe limited to 2 players (available again if 1 player who switched b4 is leaving the server)

this could convince some players to switch ... and even convince some players to not leave the server cuz there might be a teamoriented player (with credits) who changes the team

i think that would be an idea ...

hope you understand what i mean

I think teams should only be balanced at the beggining of the map only.

I mean how annoying would it be to nuke the other teams PP/WF and then get switched over to it? :angry:

Maybe if teams are extremely uneven like when I was in a game 5V1...

Or maybe only when no buildings have been destroyed yet?

QUOTE (omega79 @ Nov 30 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with 2000 Credits the player could buy 2 beacons (or 1 with no pp)[/b]

A beacon is always 1000 creds, even if the pp is destroyed

If an unbalance occurs, then people should be forced to switch. But if there's 15 people in team one and 12 in team two, then I would suggest some kind of pre unbalance switch. Then everybody can switch to the team that might get too few people, but without repercussions. That way you can prevent unbalances and people getting switched unwillingly after a death. Besides, there are enough pro people who see a challenge in fighting with the losing team, having one of them switch over and rebalance wouldn't hurt would it?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

My way of seeing it:

I don't mind switching to the losing team for the sake of a challenge if my score is already low on the ladder. But if I've been in the game for a while and my score is way up on top and I've been assisting my team in every way trying to defeat the other team, then I don't want to switch because of all I've worked for.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Dec 2 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My way of seeing it:

I don't mind switching to the losing team for the sake of a challenge if my score is already low on the ladder. But if I've been in the game for a while and my score is way up on top and I've been assisting my team in every way trying to defeat the other team, then I don't want to switch because of all I've worked for.[/b]

So if a different points system was introduced that would counter the fact that being on the losing team will automatically mean you lose your ladder points would solve this?

Everybody hates a teamswitch after having played 10 games, or more. But what about auto balancing newly joining players? (server-side option).

Or the last player to join needs to switch? Or giving a message to everyone autobalancing wil happen in 2 minuits and people who want to switch can?

QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Dec 3 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would also like to add the thought of auto mixing teams. As it is now, once you join a server, you are on that team until you change.[/b]

Keep current teams after map loads: Yes/No

If 'Yes': Teams will be kept as they were
If 'No': Teams will be shuffled after each new map that is loaded.

'Yes' would be preferable for clan games ofcourse.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Dec 3 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if there was a handicap for the team with less players?[/b]

Yeah that wouldn't work, 100% certain. Lets say we have a 4 man imbalance on a 20 player game (from my experience, extremely common, sadly on both accounts).
If the outnumbered team is under attack, they have less people that can go to repair without harshly impacting the team's ability to respond to the attack, and when they attack they can be more easily dealt with with. (and a handicap, unless dramatic, won't help either)

Anyways my stance on it is that it should be like TF2 (or any other team based game for that matter)
You got auto or your choice between the two teams. If GDI has 10 players and Nod has 9, you cannot join GDI until Nod has 10 players.
If you reallllllly want to be on GDI/Nod, you can wait until the teams even up and then join.

There should also be an auto-balance balance feature though. Not based by who is dead, but pseudo-random. Less priority to people with the lowest scores and highest scores though. Stuff like beacons, C4 simply removed as I feel it is a better alternative to leaving them there (and/or changing their teams as well)

edit- Mixing would be a good feature too. Even if the teams are balanced in number, they rarely are in skill. Whenever I play RenegadeX it usually ends with one team (almost always Nod) being ludicrously stacked. (and that exact same team goes on to win the next 6 or 7 rounds in what amounts to be a rather boring series of no-contest, no-competition matches)