suicide console command

zunnie

suicide needs to go?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. suicide needs to go?

• Remove suicide
    • Keep suicide

Players can type 'suicide' in the console to kill themselves and spawn back in base.

I think this command needs to go.

You placed your c4, there is no more use for you to be there, suicide, spawn in base.

Now in AOW servers this 'tactic' maybe not used very often but in clan games it will be.

If you are really stuck then you have three options:

- wait for the enemy to kill you

- toss your time c4 so you get killed

- rejoin the server

QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Nov 15 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or keep it like Ren with loss of credits[/b]

That about sums it up I guess. I never saw anyone use suicide as a tactic for returning to base because of the credit loss. If you really are stuck, the best thing to do is either rejoin or have a mod kill you/respawn you as the character you were.

I don't see any harm. If I want to get back to base I just deliberately don't kill enemies and let them get me, jump in the river/lava, run on the tiberium, jump off a cliff, run infront of base defenses.

I only use the suicide command if I get stuck (which has onyl ever occurred once), as in the meantime there are other ways to get killed :D .

I use the suicide command for:

1. Just placed a nuke and I cant do anythign else

2. Someone on the other team has just planted a nuke and i am not doign anythign useful and far away from base

3. To trick people into thinking I have left server (Muhahahahah) Mainly on normal UT3 though because renx shows player list on side.

So I would like it to be kept but wouldnt mind if it would leave as maty said there are other ways of dying quickly

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Nov 15 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep it. It was in Renegade, it should be in Renegade X.

But it should have consequences:
-Loss of credits
-Cooldown time

There should be a second kill command allowed by moderators that can kill people without them losing credits (for times when they are stuck or something like that.)[/b]

but wait, there is no blue hell in renx!

WIN

Keep it with no consequences! Why? Bug fix.

Earlier I couldn't move at all, suicide fixed that. Also the engineer weapon sound was stuck and it was getting annoying, suicide fixed that.

Someone killing you or you blowing yourself isn't always possible by the way.

I don't understand why people are still calling "suicide" a bug.....

I really don't like the idea of a spawn time, that just usually leads to increase in spawn killing. (Play many other types of games where this has become an issue).

If anything happens due to this thread, just make suicide'ing cost credits.

• Totem Arts Staff

why remove it ... if you wonna kill yaself just stand still for a second lol but it is good for when you get stuck not often but it dose happen ...but there shoud be a penalty, kill points given to other team or taken off your team and a spawn time out for (x) seconds.