Jihad and you.

Guest Kelazun

Well, the title is related in a bit diffrent way...

So, today I was testing various methods of destroying enemy buildings...

Attaching 14 remote C4's to a buggy can take out a refinery.

But during these tests, I found out that if you attach 30 remote C4's to a light tank, while moving the tank it starts to lag like hell.

So I think these things need to be optimised somehow...

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Oct 24 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
erm dude... i don't think that 30 c4's will ever be on the same tank at the same time unless you use flaming vehicles which is prohibited in 90% of the game servers lol :lol:[/b]

THATS WERE YOUR WRONG SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Renegade I have seen vehicles with over 80 remotes killing other vehicles and doing serious damage to buildings. Since we assume that original Rnegade players willl pay Renegade X, why not actually patch this thing.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Oct 24 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
80 remotes? Remotes count towards the mine limit in stock Renegade.[/b]

Well, when you have a desperate team trying to make a few kills, what they do is buy enjis and throw remotes on a buggy/humvee in the hopes of blowing you up, I lost a few flamers myself like that from an APC, man it lagged a lot.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Oct 25 2009, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THATS WERE YOUR WRONG SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Renegade I have seen vehicles with over 80 remotes killing other vehicles and doing serious damage to buildings. Since we assume that original Rnegade players willl pay Renegade X, why not actually patch this thing.[/b]

and like i said, it's prohibited in 90% of the servers.

besides like fobby said, remotes count as mines making it really hard to do it in most servers without screwing up ur base mining and encountering the mine limit lol

And i won't deny it's really fun to do and it definately looks scary + it works! (base defences firing on C4, really usefull :P). but i don't think it should be patched or optimised as it'll hardly ever happen.

QUOTE (SkyHammer @ Oct 26 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thread title probably set off every spidering alarm in the nsa building lol.[/b]

QFTW!!!!!

Fine when I might of stressed the 80 a bit too far, what I really meant was somewhere arount 15-20. I am not lying, I lost vehcles and other units to this, not to mention the regular guy who walks up to you covered in remotes.

Its something I like to do with a teamate, and it proves that teamwork is win, especially when you kill a havoc or a Mendoza with a mini gunner, its great to do and the mods don't have anything against it, neither for the vehicles, nor for the character bombing.

And lets not forget this:

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Oct 24 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some servers have really high mine limits.[/b]

I think the bug should be fixed, maybe not imminently, but definatly put it on the list of things needed to be fixed.