no servers showing?

oompah

QUOTE (oompah @ Oct 11 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something going on? can not get online at all to play when I launch the server list front end nothing is there when I hit refresh after a delay I get "Error getting serverlist..."

any help would be appreciated[/b]

i have same problem
and 3 other of my frinds also

QUOTE (oompah @ Oct 11 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still down - just an fyi[/b]

You people should learn to look around the forum before posting things like this. It's been known to be down every now and then for a while now. If it's down just launch the mod and connect to server through the console, IP's can be found in the server IP's thread in Technical Support.

QUOTE (Lyserg @ Oct 11 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You people should learn to look around the forum before posting things like this. It's been known to be down every now and then for a while now. If it's down just launch the mod and connect to server through the console, IP's can be found in the server IP's thread in Technical Support.[/b]

The trouble with joining with the IP's is you don't know which servers are populated. Only one server seems to be populated lately and i do not know the IP.

QUOTE (KindredPhantom @ Oct 11 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The trouble with joining with the IP's is you don't know which servers are populated. Only one server seems to be populated lately and i do not know the IP.[/b]

Exodus: 216.245.195.90:7777
BlackIntel.org: 87.253.133.61:7777
[=SC=] Stalker-Contact.de (Renegade-X Server) 85.214.120.43:7777

those 3 I know mostly have people on 'm to some extent.

ya but Lyserg, i know how it can be frustating, look yesterday my brother wanted to play, frontend didnt start, he played something else .. he wanted to know fast who play and where ... and during weekend, its not really the best time that Renegdae-X want to see the Frontend Down ...

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Oct 11 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya but Lyserg, i know how it can be frustating, look yesterday my brother wanted to play, frontend didnt start, he played something else .. he wanted to know fast who play and where ... and during weekend, its not really the best time that Renegdae-X want to see the Frontend Down ...[/b]

True, but don't forget the frontend isn't even in it's Beta stage, it's an Alpha. I know how frustrating it can be and I know mny people go play something else when it is, but there's more ways then one to connect to servers and it aint hard to find out how.

QUOTE (KindredPhantom @ Oct 11 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers, the last one i think is the one that i have been playing on regularly.[/b]

No problem, have fun playing!

The frontend get's an error today(Worked fine yesterday), the Error reads exactly like this:

Error getting serverlist - try again later or visit the official Renegade-X support at ...

The Installation is the Beta RC5, the Frontend is patched, and anything else wasn't changed since I played online for the first time.

Also, aa single Zip, containing the Frontend would be of help, if it just killed itself.

QUOTE (BetaSword @ Oct 11 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The frontend get's an error today(Worked fine yesterday), the Error reads exactly like this:

Error getting serverlist - try again later or visit the official Renegade-X support at ...

The Installation is the Beta RC5, the Frontend is patched, and anything else wasn't changed since I played online for the first time.
Also, aa single Zip, containing the Frontend would be of help, if it just killed itself.[/b]

Read the rest of this thread please.

Yes the server that maintains the list of servers went down. Currently there's only one server that does this, so if it goes down, the whole list goes down. We're going to be making it a distributed system in the future so that there will be backups in case one goes down.