PR?

xassemblyx

Hey, I've talked to a few friends of mine who used to be huge Renegade fans and when I mentioned the mod to them they had never even heard of it!

I think you guys should really think about getting an announcement on Steam and maybe even Fileplanet.

I mean, I'm not sure if it costs anything to get a mention on Steam... but I think there's a small fee for Fileplanet.

I just really want this mod to be one of those rare UT3 mods that actually have people playing it and I think you guys really need to invest on some PR to get it much more widely known.

I've already made topics on other forums I frequent to try and get the hype train rolling and most of them weren't very successful... well post-wise atleast, they'd all have quite a few views but they'd only get to the 2nd page before fading away into the abyss.

• Totem Arts Staff

Actually I think our mod does the best PR in the modding community. We did get on FilePlanet a few weeks ago and we intend on doing the same this week. We get on every C&C site, including EA's, whenever we do an update, and always get on the ModDB.com front page. We also have the Media Platoon, which post our updates on a dozen different forums. So all in all we do good PR.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Sep 30 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I think our mod does the best PR in the modding community. We did get on FilePlanet a few weeks ago and we intend on doing the same this week. We get on every C&C site, including EA's, whenever we do an update, and always get on the ModDB.com front page. We also have the Media Platoon, which post our updates on a dozen different forums. So all in all we do good PR.[/b]

Well, alright then. :lol:

This is just one of my most hyped mods(ever probably, and I've looked forward to lots of mods for games like Half-Life, BF1942, etc) and I don't want to see it fail like all of the others that came to UT3.
But then again, most of the mods that came to UT3 so far were all barely playable messes that missed 90% of their features.

From the feature list for the beta that I read for this mod and videos I've seen it seems like you've got all of the gameplay elements in place and have an entirely playable, nearly feature complete, and fun mod.

I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck with your release and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.