Connecting to Ren-X Games

MecanicalMan

These questions may have been asked/answered somewhere but I haven't found it.

Just want to know how will I find and connect to Ren-X games? Via GameSpy? or the UT3 multiplayer game? Will it detect whos running Ren-x servers?

Will you still be able to connect to normal and playnormal UT3 games with the Mod installed?

Will the MRLS rockets track targets (which it shoundn't really IMO)?

Thanking in advance

O=MecanicalMan=C

Coming from a beta tester.

We have been useing a seperate client to connect to the server so i assume we will be doing the same when the game is released. You will still be able to play regular UT3, just launch it. The client lists all viewable servers that you can connect to and will launch UT3 and join the server.

Currently the MRLS fires where you aim, no tracking. As far as i know, it will continue to be that way.

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X has a separate server client program which will display server listings.

You will also be able to join by IP through the Renegade X shortcut.

Yes you can still play normal UT3.

MRLS rockets will lock onto targets if your retical is on the target for a couple seconds. They locked on in Renegade, I don't see why they shouldn't in Renegade X.

I always hated the MRLS 'lock-on', it gives GDi a decent edge in vehicle combat. GDi vehicles are ment to be heavliy armed and armoured, but have the manoverablity of a brick, while Nod's tank zip around, relying on speed as defence. MLRS's lock-on counters this way to easily, ripping apart the light armour with massed fire.

Rapid fire rockets that track makes it a no-brainer weapon, it should be a AoE attacker relying soley on its muliple shots to cover an area, rather than muliple shots that track and obliterates oppnents with little effort. <_<

Thanks for the info on joining. As an aside any Ren-x Claning support in the works? Or any recuiting?

O=MecanicalMan=C

QUOTE (MecanicalMan @ Sep 20 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always hated the MRLS 'lock-on', it gives GDi a decent edge in vehicle combat. GDi vehicles are ment to be heavliy armed and armoured, but have the manoverablity of a brick, while Nod's tank zip around, relying on speed as defence. MLRS's lock-on counters this way to easily, ripping apart the light armour with massed fire.
Rapid fire rockets that track makes it a no-brainer weapon, it should be a AoE attacker relying soley on its muliple shots to cover an area, rather than muliple shots that track and obliterates oppnents with little effort. <_<
Thanks for the info on joining. As an aside any Ren-x Claning support in the works? Or any recuiting?

O=MecanicalMan=C[/b]

Lol. It's evened out by the fact that the MRL is horribly compared to the Mobile Arty. Yeah the rockets lock on, but they're so slow that anyone with a decent bit of skill can dodge them on foot.

The Mobile Arty is a much better building banger because it fires out all it's power in one shot.