UT3 Problem

sith_wampa

Hey guys I figured someone here probably knows a thing or two about UT3. I bought it recently anticipating this mod but I'm having a problem. Since I started the first mission, there is a giant wall of blue static about ten or so feet out from the player. It makes it extremely difficult to play the game. I don't know why this is happening because I think my machine meets the system reqs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my specs:

Manufacturer:

Dell Inc.

Processor:

Genuine Intel® CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:

1022MB RAM

Hard Drive:

113 GB

Video Card:

ATI Mobility Radeon X1300

Monitor:

Default Monitor

Sound Card:

SigmaTel Audio

Speakers/Headphones:

Operating System:

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

[EDIT]

I just went to take a screenshot and it seems to have gotten worse. Now it takes up the entire screen and its white instead of blue.

Please help! D:

eeb5c678ebd0bc1d22fe7d40ef0566b48c965433.jpg

Congratulations, your graphic card is either burned almost to death, is going to die soon or is damaged.

Those are artifacts. Artifacts come from miscalculations, aka errors, which a graphic card starts to make when it has taken damage or heats up way too much.

So yeah. Check your graphic card's fan right now and check does it spin at all or is it spinning on it's max RPMs as it should and check is your computer covered in dust from the inside of the chassis or not.

If your graphic card's fan is spinning correctly then check that your card is properly attached to its slot and if it isn't fix it.

Otherwise you have to buy a new card. (Most likely.)

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Sep 12 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he is using a laptop.... so no replacing graphics card.[/b]

true .sorry, i didnt paid attention to other spec ... T2050 cpu .. mobile chip .. anyways...

your doomed .. :P

you can technicaly change a gfx card in laptop .. but most of time, the graphic card bios is merge with the mother board bios .. if your a damn good programmer, you can find how to code a new bios in motherboard bios .. of mak like me .. search all over the web for someone who already did it .. i want to replace my 9800M GS for a GTX260M .. but i need the 260 coding line from another bios to get it running .. well, before trying that ..... :P try to contact Dell tech support, they can have a cheaper way to fix the prob .. a mobile graphic card on market cost an arm and a leg ... for low-end card ... and after that you have to install it .. if your ok with that go .. but if not , its cost another leg ...

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 12 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true .sorry, i didnt paid attention to other spec ... T2050 cpu .. mobile chip .. anyways...

your doomed .. :P

you can technicaly change a gfx card in laptop .. but most of time, the graphic card bios is merge with the mother board bios .. if your a damn good programmer, you can find how to code a new bios in motherboard bios .. of mak like me .. search all over the web for someone who already did it .. i want to replace my 9800M GS for a GTX260M .. but i need the 260 coding line from another bios to get it running .. well, before trying that ..... :P try to contact Dell tech support, they can have a cheaper way to fix the prob .. a mobile graphic card on market cost an arm and a leg ... for low-end card ... and after that you have to install it .. if your ok with that go .. but if not , its cost another leg ...[/b]

or better yet get a cheap desktop! :P

Ok guys well thanks for the support... This problem has been weird because in the training mission this was not a problem, and I don't have this problem with any other game. My fans are working and I have a cooling system so I'm guessing the graphics card is either too old or is damaged?

I'll probably get a new computer in a year but I'll be pretty bummed if I can't play Ren-X. :(

try mobility modder for the drivers:

http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

memtest :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memtest86

you can get it if you download ubuntu and burn it into a cd, you may also get it in other ways:

http://www.memtest86.com/

http://www.ocztechnology.com/displaypage.p...ame=ocz_memtest

http://www.memtest.org/