Best UT3 Map and win $50,000!

maty

http://www.examiner.com/x-892-PC-Game-Exam...l-and-win-50000

GameRecruiter announced today the launch of the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 Worldwide Level Design Contest -- a first-time level design mod competition open to all IGDA members, students and game industry professionals. Co-sponsored by Epic Games, GameRecruiter and Blink Style, this IGDA-hosted competition is partnered with the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest.

GameRecruiter.com will help registered participants of the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 WorldwideLevel Design Contest enter the $1 Million Intel Make Something UnrealContest, and contestants will therefore be eligible to win prizes inaddition to those provided specifically for the IGDA competition. This includes cash prizes , as well as autographed posters, comic books andart books.

Epic Games will be providing GameRecruiter copies of Unreal Tournament 3, which will in turn be given to all contestants (via Steam) who register for the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 Worldwide Level Design Contest.

Final level design mods should be submitted to IGDA contest judges no later than Monday, October 5.

Finalreview and response will be provided to all IGDA contest participantsby Saturday, October 25. Submissions for Phase 4 of the $1 MillionIntel Make Something Unreal Contest will be accepted until October 5,2009.

Contest submissions for the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 WorldwideLevel Design Contest will focus on categories including Best Capture the Flag Level, Best Warfare Level, Best Vehicle Capture the FlagLevel, and Best Deathmatch Level. The best maps will combine great gameplay with strong visuals and good performance.

On a side note, free UT3?

QUOTE (maty @ Sep 8 2009, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.examiner.com/x-892-PC-Game-Exam...l-and-win-50000

GameRecruiter announced today the launch of the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 Worldwide Level Design Contest -- a first-time level design mod competition open to all IGDA members, students and game industry professionals. Co-sponsored by Epic Games, GameRecruiter and Blink Style, this IGDA-hosted competition is partnered with the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest.

GameRecruiter.com will help registered participants of the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 WorldwideLevel Design Contest enter the $1 Million Intel Make Something UnrealContest, and contestants will therefore be eligible to win prizes inaddition to those provided specifically for the IGDA competition. This includes cash prizes , as well as autographed posters, comic books andart books.

Epic Games will be providing GameRecruiter copies of Unreal Tournament 3, which will in turn be given to all contestants (via Steam) who register for the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 Worldwide Level Design Contest.

Final level design mods should be submitted to IGDA contest judges no later than Monday, October 5.

Finalreview and response will be provided to all IGDA contest participantsby Saturday, October 25. Submissions for Phase 4 of the $1 MillionIntel Make Something Unreal Contest will be accepted until October 5,2009.

Contest submissions for the IGDA Unreal Engine 3 WorldwideLevel Design Contest will focus on categories including Best Capture the Flag Level, Best Warfare Level, Best Vehicle Capture the FlagLevel, and Best Deathmatch Level. The best maps will combine great gameplay with strong visuals and good performance.

On a side note, free UT3?[/b]

You guys would surely win if you send in some of your great map work.

That's a good question; but technically they are newly graphically designed maps. THey are based on the same map but I would think it's considered a new map because it's been changed quite a bit. I'm not sure. Make something new fast if that won't work!!! You guys are good we'd love it if you did win.

QUOTE (a1h @ Sep 10 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember you showing that off before, it looks a whole lot better now, and a lot more darker and gloomy. I love it.[/b]

I hope the judges love it too thanks :D
I've also added a "sniper's nest" to the middle tree up top which is a circular wooden platform surrounding the tree, via teleporter at the health / avril pickup station.

QUOTE (Spycon @ Sep 12 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like necris meshes...

And I don't think that would be... Original[/b]

How is using necris meshes "not original?" That makes no sense. I was referring to original thought, and layout. Why does one have to be a mesh maker in order to win anything? Sure custom content is nice but honestly, wtf mate?

How is using necris meshes "not original?" That makes no sense. I was referring to original thought, and layout. Why does one have to be a mesh maker in order to win anything? Sure custom content is nice but honestly, wtf mate?[/b]

I'm with you. They didn't say you had to mesh. They said to make a map.

QUOTE (Bret_Hart @ Sep 13 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is using necris meshes "not original?" That makes no sense. I was referring to original thought, and layout. Why does one have to be a mesh maker in order to win anything? Sure custom content is nice but honestly, wtf mate?[/b]

The necris stuff is probably going to get old after awhile to all the judges.... in my opinion