Prologue level suggestion

wezdor

I just got an idea. You guys are probably recreating Renegade Single player levels. What you gotta think of, is that any and ALL who will play this have probably played Renegade before. So make a difference.

At the start of the single player campaign you should make a prologue level, fighting on the banks of the tibera river with everything available (massive AOW with mammoths and stuff) (since players already know you get mammoths later in the game).

And then after a minute or so you see the tiberium meteorite falling down towards you. And then all you see is a bright flash and the renegadeX logo appearing.

Would make an epic start of the game and the feeling that your playing something more than just renegade.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah we're not recreating the Renegade singleplayer.

A prologue isn't really necessary. We'll be releasing a tutorial video that will go through the basics of C&C mode and Renegade X prior to the first beta release, which will be all that is necessary to teach players how to play the mod.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 27 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A prologue isn't really necessary. We'll be releasing a tutorial video that will go through the basics of C&C mode and Renegade X prior to the first beta release, which will be all that is necessary to teach players how to play the mod.[/b]

I look forward to playing it.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 28 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A prologue isn't really necessary. We'll be releasing a tutorial video that will go through the basics of C&C mode and Renegade X prior to the first beta release, which will be all that is necessary to teach players how to play the mod.[/b]

should there be any...er...multiplayer practice to get used to the system or somethin'

QUOTE (wezdor @ Aug 27 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got an idea. You guys are probably recreating Renegade Single player levels. What you gotta think of, is that any and ALL who will play this have probably played Renegade before. So make a difference.[/b]

A good portion of the Renegade X fan base are people who've never played Renegade.

QUOTE (wezdor @ Aug 27 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got an idea. You guys are probably recreating Renegade Single player levels.[/b]

QUOTE (Jngdwe @ Aug 27 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are not recreating single player.[/b]

I love how funny the world is sometimes.

I tiber map with nod trying to steal tib (map objective) and gdi covert forces killing civilians and trying to cover it up (map objective) would be epic though.

EDIT: People (due to EA likely) forget how cool westwood made GDI aswell as Nod - seen some of the tiberian sun scenes where GDI are manipulating their Nod infiltrator as coldly as normally only Kane would be? "Useless things have a way of... disappearing."