C&C 4 Official Trailer Here

=HT=Duro

Well the P90 isn't all that far fetched. Look at the AK47, made in 1947 and still in use today, although not by any decent military. That's 62 years.

The M16 was designed in 1960, and variations of it are still in use today by many NATO forces. It's been around for almost 50 years and will probably be for many more.

The P90 made in 1990, and then shown in 2062. That's 72 years.

Not all that much longer than the ak47, which doesn't look like it's going to be dropped by anyone using it any time soon. And why not, GDI must be running low on supplies, look at the freaking city. I don't think cracking open an old crate of TD-era weapons for some security guards would be such a bad idea. A gun's a gun and no matter how far into the future you are, bullets still hurt ;)

QUOTE (JeepRubi @ Jul 25 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the P90 isn't all that far fetched. Look at the AK47, made in 1947 and still in use today, although not by any decent military. That's 62 years.
The P90 made in 1990, and then shown in 2062. That's 72 years.[/b]

The M2 Browning machine gun was first designed in 1918 and the updated model (M2 HB) has been in service since 1933.... That's pretty damn venerable.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 24 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those guards weren't even standard Nod soldiers you know. Just look at what they're wearing. They don't need to be carrying around pulse laser rifles.[/b]

I thought those were GDI soldiers actually, since Kane arrived by GDI transport. Then again, neither his legs or arms were bound so he couldn't exactly be a prisoner. Gotta love how the top heads of GDI have little to no guards in that room as well <_<
And GDI had obtained the tacitus previously so I don't see why they're so amazed like they've never seen it before.

All minor details though... The trailer was very cool but it doesn't any a single question I have about the actual gameplay.

QUOTE (a000clown @ Jul 25 2009, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought those were GDI soldiers actually, since Kane arrived by GDI transport. Then again, neither his legs or arms were bound so he couldn't exactly be a prisoner. Gotta love how the top heads of GDI have little to no guards in that room as well <_<
And GDI had obtained the tacitus previously so I don't see why they're so amazed like they've never seen it before.

All minor details though... The trailer was very cool but it doesn't any a single question I have about the actual gameplay.[/b]

They're amazed because Kane himself is handing it to them.

When I was watching I was actually expecting him to draw a lightsaber and start blathering about the force.

I think that trailer does a lot better at showing the planets decay then all of C&C 3 together. Hell, Tiberian sun did better at that, the tiberium wasn't as lethal as in C&C3 but if left unchecked it really covered something.

GDI has been working from the start to destroy tiberium, Nod has been working against them for all that time. The tacitus holds the key to destroying tiberium, just think of the sonic weapons they made from a fraction of the data. That GDI top must be desperate for a cure, and Kane, who has been working against them from the start, is showing them that very thing as a bargaining tool? That would be most surprising.

The fact that so little GDI guards are around seems to me like they set up shop in a neutral zone, an old GDI base that was abandoned as the city was consumed by tiberium, cleaned out and taken back into service for this occasion. Kane must have something to withold or vital data in his head that GDI must need before they can actually use the tacitus or something, otherwise, GDI could simply take the tacitus and kill the head of Nod in one stroke (personally I would either completely take the man apart atom by atom or put him in a maximum security prison deep under the ground and keep an eye on him so you will always know where he is, he just doesn't stay dead otherwise).

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.