Improving C&C Reservoir

Mystic~

In two of the latest polls Reservoir came out as one of the top favourite maps, but I still think it needs some improvements and wanted to use this thread to propose some of them here.

Addition of air vehicles - I think this could make the map vehicle combat more dynamic, a bit like having the sort of options you do on Lakeside. Each side would need one or two Sam sites or Anti-Air towers to prevent a complete air stomp and destroying them becomes a secondary objective like on Walls/Lakeside.

The cave path on the GDI side needs alteration to make it fair, it could become an extra path to sneak in and infiltrate on both sides rather than it presently is, a one way exit or a one sided access point for GDI to hit the Hon with Gunners and Grenadiers, but Nod can do nothing similar.

Remove some of the bridges, replace one of them with a shallow earth crossing for tanks and introduce stepping stones for infantry, having control of the dam terminal controls the flow of water that reveals the additional tank crossing and players can determine the water flow with some sort of switch activation.

Extend the rock out crop on the GDI side, there's a lot of cover on the Nod side for vehicles, but GDI has to run the gauntlet and often gets pummelled with artillery long before their tanks can become effective.

The Silo area needs more cover from missiles, tank and artillery projectiles, it's still too exposed.

I think the dam infantry combat should be more important as its a major feature, having control of the terminal should control more than having access to an extra maintenance corridor; this way it becomes something to really fight over and control and it opens up extra map options. Maybe it could serve as a temporary power replacement if a power plant gets destroyed early?

If you have more suggestions, most them here... maybe Henk would one day update this or maybe someone else with scripting skills and map editing could take a look at the map.

The original thread for this map can be found here: 

Also totally missed Quincy's thread on the same topic here:

Edited by Mystic~
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just saying that my thread which you linked to is 3 years old, and the map saw many changes since then. I'm happy to say that many of my points were addressed, and Reservoir is much better than it used to be.

The biggest issue still remaining in the map in my opinion is the fact that there's only one vehicle exit from each base. This means it's really difficult to get out of a base lock (especially as GDI) and creates stale gameplay. Choke points are bad for the game.

Oh, and the map is too small for 64 players, too.

• Like 2

I think there needs to be some more large boulders on the field as its too open as it is. There are two vehicle paths of sorts, rather like Field-X, but towards the middle it becomes very exposed and the GDI side needs more cover to make it similar to the Nod side... I'm not sure there needs to be a silo on the field, it could perhaps become a comm centre, or maybe the silo moves back to the top of the dam where the main reservoir is as I'm conscious of what I think you originally mentioned about there being too much money to buy things with. The way I can foresee of extra tank paths is either a subterranean tunnel out of each base into the field or by expanding the side infantry escape hatch into a full path. I'm still interested to see what it might play like with air vehicles.

• Like 1