Infinite infantry heals

Mystic~

Infinite infantry heals from an engineer, hotwire or technician is a very op and broken game mechanic that breaks infantry combat and should be disallowed. I think the solution is something like to allow 100% of armour to be repaired but only up to a maximum of 50% health by a single team mate, once and then it goes onto some sort of 2-3 minute cool down. The scenario I was just in was a havoc being repaired by a hotwire from behind a rock constantly whilst trying to defend with marksmen rifles, now I suppose some will argue you needed a sniper head shot to be competitive, but that's not always realistic or feasible, yet this sniper could carry on almost until running out of bullets with infinite repairs no matter how many headshot or body shots I landed to sustain damage to this player. 

Or you could employ a different strategy instead of trying the same thing over and over. The Havok is being healed and your marksman rifle isn't cutting it. Okay. Chose a different class and flank him, or just reposition somewhere else to catch him at an off-angle. Buy a vehicle and push him. Definition of insanity, etc etc.

Honestly, healing infantry units is already nerfed by the jank. Healing an infantry target is almost one of the most difficult things in the game. Keeping the beam on an infantry unit reliably is a challenge, if the person moves even a pixel the beam will miss. The only way I can get it to work perfectly is if someone is running perfectly directly to/away from me or standing COMPLETELY still. If they're moving at an angle it'll randomly miss, and forget if they're moving horizontally. Even when I'm standing perfectly still for engineers/technicians I see their beam missing and going around me occasionally. It really slows down the process.

I also don't see how your suggested nerf would effect the Havok in this scenario since most of his effective HP is in his armor. In order for the nerf to work you'd have to make it so you could only repair 50% of armor, so that there's less to chew through.

• Like 1