Preventing early building loss

We ve all seen teams bouncing back from losing one or all buildings but one - but this happens mostly later in the game. If one team loses a building in the first 5-10 minutes, the game is over for this team. (or it will drag on forever, till finally the other team suceeds)

But, what if Buildings couldnt't take more Permadamage than, say 50% in the first 10 Minutes (configurable) ?

The leading team will still benefit from a huge VP- and Credit- Advantage but the other team still has a possibility to catch up and bounce back.

I dont know if there is any lore to make a good reason for this in- game, like a shield generator that goes down after 10 minutes, but i think it would make a lot of games for both the leading and the losing team much more fun.

What do you think?

• Like 2

I second that, early building kills are completely game breaking and especially in public games cause a lot of frustration among players. Maps like Volcano, Complex and Canyon are sad candidates for this.

It should either be impossible to destroy buildings early on or at least add some kind of logic that will only disable them for like 5 minutes before the come back online with 1% perma. This gives the other team an advantage, while still allowing the affected team to partially recover from the early game.

• Like 1