Mesa improvement suggestion

Ryz

Hi all,

Today I played Mesa for the first time in a pub since it got changed (back to where vehicles can enter the cave again).

Sofar pretty nice to not get arty shelled from the short side within seconds :D

But:
- As noticed in PUGs Nod can VERY easily snipe into GDI base without GDI being able to do much 

- Nod can arty shell the WF and kill every vehicle getting out of it

In short it is very very hard for GDI to take back cave because:
1) GDI loses a ton of vehicles just buying them
2) Harv gets farmed after its killed (took 3 or 4 times dying just to move it out of fire range)
3) GDI vehicles that survive the initial bombardement cannot get repairs cause they get sniped

Have to add we had 0 snipers and Nod had ppl with K/D of 20 times more kills then deaths till even 100/1. Might be accidental, might be the usual 'lets face no competition and team-up sniping.' I don't want to drag the discussion here tbh.

Suggestions:
- Turn WF around or move it prevent vehicles (and harv!) to be shelled
- Make bridge cover higher (so ppl cant jump on top or jump and shoot over it)
- Make bridge cover less small / more wide so you can splash enemies

Even 8 vehicles spamming rockets to the tunnels couldnt kill snipers...

Hope this get considered. For now I would not like to play Mesa as GDI again. The old Mesa was Nod orientated but at least ended quick. Here I got spawned killed / killed in seconds after leaving building numerous times. It just doesn't make sense.

I guess some more ppl will add feedback since a LOT of people did feel this way.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ryz
Changed GDI orientated to Nod.. typo
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Suggestions:
- Turn WF around or move it prevent vehicles (and harv!) to be shelled

I'd suggest...

• Turning the building anti-clockwise 90' so GDI can actively seek their vehs.

OR

• Place the Barracks where the War Factory is currently. The Power Plant where the Barracks is currently. The War Factory where the Power Plant is currently. - Ultimately mirroring the layout of the NOD base.
Edited by RipperSnapper
I confused myself come the 2nd suggestion...

Some good points, Ryz.

Let me add that, if GDI takes control of the cave, it's difficult for Nod to do anything about it either. I've noticed that it's hard for arties to line up their shots into cave because of the little bump at Nod cave entrance... small things like that can be annoying. And well, choke points in Ren X sometimes are just unbreakable. 

No offense to anybody, but I honestly don't know if the new Mesa is any better than the old one. Maybe it's not as much Nod favoured... but the gameplay is meh. Seems like there is a reason why people rarely vote for it.

• Like 1