Recording matches

Jzinsky

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with obs. It's nicely set so that it records my main screen, however renx insists on using a different resolution. I'm currently running 1920x1080, so when using fullscreen mode I get the game in the top left corner. Running windowed is better (I can always crop out my taskbar later) but is there a resolution I can use there to get the best fit? A little cropping isn't a problem it would just be nice if I didn't have to.

Thanks

• Totem Arts Staff

Just to get simple things out of the way, is the game itself at least set to 1920x1080 in the settings? You'd be amazed how often that gets reset if the configuration folder is either read-only, or holding the wrong permissions in Windows. 

try editing UDKSystemSettings.ini in \Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\ and change the resolution here to:

ResX=1920
ResY=1080

you do have a 16:9 monitor though do you?

if you run the game in windowed mode the window size does not seem to be exactly 1920 x 1080 (when set to in settings) so im not entirely sure how that would look like in obs.

if when running the game in full screen looks normal on your monitor but not obs you need to resize the source by using the obs transform options

Yeah that was the problem, I'd have to resize it in obs but I'd have to guess because when I tab out to obs the resolution changes.

Solved now, I found the 1920x1080 at the top of the list next to 640x480 and not near the bottom where I thought it would be.

Thanks all!

• Like 2