There needs to be a ranking system!

Not so much to earn anything or such, but to avoid issues where people think certain people are cheaters, it's good to know which players have been playing for a long time. Basically it's a time thing that introduces a small little blip next to their name, or a title of some sort... Where you go from "Newbie" and then if you play for a certain time, you go to "novice" and then up to "Intermediate" and "Skilled" and "Expert" "Master" "Godlike"

Or some series like that, could just be fun, but in that case, if some really good player on here gets a lot of kills on a server and people start to complain about it (Because, despite that fact that some on here seem to enjoy the complaining, it is the kind of thing that pushes people away from the game, and that's not a good thing) they can see the rank of Master or Godlike and be like... Ohhhh, right, well, that makes sense then.

I think this might cut down on cheating complaints, because it also sets a president... This is not some new player that got into the game being shitfacingly awesome at it, how suspicious... Nope, this here player has been playing this for a long ass time.

And here ends my pitch.

http://leaderboard.renegade-x.com/

########

The problem is... only players running steam are listed here. And people love to SMURF to avoid certain toxic haters.

########

And the leaderboard statistics are junk anyway. just order the list by SPM or set points in relation to game time.

I'd love to see a system as in OG Renegade were you gained or lost leaderboard points :)

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

In my experience with games that save rankings:

1. People would be convinced even more that a person is cheating if he has a high rank.

2. It would encourage people to cheat more in order to show off their high (undeserved) ranks.

Don't get me wrong, I like rankings, but it's just that it doesn't solve cheating complain problems.

But the point isn't to somehow prove that a player is the best. Like the leader-boards we have. It's only supposed to be an indication of peoples skill.

4 hours ago, vandal33 said:

In my experience with games that save rankings:

1. People would be convinced even more that a person is cheating if he has a high rank.

2. It would encourage people to cheat more in order to show off their high (undeserved) ranks.

Don't get me wrong, I like rankings, but it's just that it doesn't solve cheating complain problems.

1. I have no idea how you get to that conclusion, why would it convince people even more that players are cheating when they have a high rank? If we base it on "time played" in total for instance.

2. I'm not sure, but I reckon that could be avoidable, I'm not sure how someone could hack a statistic like "Time played in matches" or something like that, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

6 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

http://leaderboard.renegade-x.com/

########

The problem is... only players running steam are listed here. And people love to SMURF to avoid certain toxic haters.

########

And the leaderboard statistics are junk anyway. just order the list by SPM or set points in relation to game time.

I'd love to see a system as in OG Renegade were you gained or lost leaderboard points :)

Yeah, and I'm not talking about a system that specifically ranks people on what they've accomplished or anything, purely on say, game time in game, to show that they are a veteran or something based on the time they've played this game and it's logical to assume they know what's going on now.