Rage Quitting - How to bridge the gap

TomUjain

I touched upon this briefly in my 'abilty to buy back buildings' thread; but rage quitting remains a huge headache for any team (typically the losing one). Normally, a healthy server will quickly replace the lost players; or reasign new teams on a new session. However, this is not always the case and teams can be down a large chunk of players for a big portion of the session.

Although I would like to address the root cause of why players rage quit, by looking at more user friendly tactics like: using CP to buy units lost from buildings (see abilty to buy back building thread) that won't stop the issue as players will still rage quit. My issue is that this further punishes the losing team and only contributes to prematurly diluting the server.

I've listed below some ideas I think which would help bridge the gap;

Ideas

• A credit boost of 5% for each missing player
  • A damage / defence boost of 5% for each missing player
  • Randomly assign player from other team when X time passes
  • Reduction in buying cost for each missing player

Not sure how difficult it would be to code something like this in, but I feel it would go a long way. Granted 80% of the time, players who do rage quit are replaced by fresh players (more so on full servers) thus rendering the above system pointless; but those rare times that does not happen, or later times in the evening where players are not as common makes it worth it.