Disable/Hide/Destroy/Move Purchase terminals

DoctorAnubis

I am having an issue. In my map I have placed a purchase terminal (Rx_BuildingAttachment_PT_GDI). I need it to be accessible only at certain times. However, after 3 hours of trying everything I could think of I still cannot get this to work when testing on a server.

You can modify the property of this actor, (such as TeamNum) only in the first 2 seconds of the game, after 2 seconds have passed no properties appear to be modifiable.

A solution using Matinee to move the PT looked promising, but I couldn't get the matinee to reverse on a server.

Any ideas on a solution?

I did look into that some time ago, but I believe it's a different type of PT, which kismet can manipulate no problem. the issue with it is that it does not function as a normal purchase terminal. I need to manipulate a terminal which functions as if it were in a team's building.

There is "bAccessable", which works fine until testing on a server, where it does nothing.

The goal is, capturing the communications centre grants 2 additional purchase terminals in the tunnels.

Edit

If I could get Matinee to reverse on a server then it would be fine. Everything works when testing in the UDK.

Edited by DoctorAnubis

Okay cool !

Hm... so, everything works if you test it with "play in editor" or start a local game like skirmish.

But as soon as you have it on a server it does not "replicate" the change in properties for the clients?

Maybe you have to adapt some kismet node settings for multiplayer?

I am no expert in this though... ^^

Pergaps it helps if you have a look at how the EMP cannon was done in Kismet on Arctic Stronghold?

Good luck with this! :)

@j0g32 I fixed it! It turns out Kismet reverses fine on servers, but for some reason Purchase Terminals do not like matinees. I discovered 'attachments', oh they are wonderful. So I set up a Mover (just an invisible box) where the PT needed to go, then simply attached the PTs to the Mover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoctorAnubis said:

@j0g32 I fixed it! It turns out Kismet reverses fine on servers, but for some reason Purchase Terminals do not like matinees. I discovered 'attachments', oh they are wonderful. So I set up a Mover (just an invisible box) where the PT needed to go, then simply attached the PTs to the Mover.

that is great news!

So instead of changing teams or anything, the PTs physically move in and out of walls or something :P ?