Lakeside, soft-boundary issue (beta 5.287)

dtdesign

Had a game on CT marathon about 5 minutes ago that lasted for roughly an hour. Was base-hugging Nod base w/ an Apache the entire game and died 3 times due to soft-boundary violations near the Nod river/forest. Each time the 10 second timer starts and no matter where I go next, the timer ticks until 1 second and then my Apache explodes and I die.

@Fffreak9999 may be able to retrieve the demo from the server to find the exact location.

The screenshot below roughly points at the area where I believe the issue is being triggered.

20170406200722_1.jpg

• Like 1

I know of the issue, it occurs along the back wall line of the infantry path for Nod frequently, but the affected area is small.

Just generally avoid that area to prevent the issue. It only occurs on that wall area (normally where the water starts is a problem point even for infantry) 

It's more reproducable there than anywhere else. I had it happen in PUG, and demanded a refund for dying in middle of Nod base.

There has to be something making it more frequent there than anywhere else. The shape or something. Just flatten the boundary there out a bit. If it were anywhere else, it'd happen less.

• Totem Arts Staff

Why not just replace these soft borders with a Blocking Volume? Maybe that sucks, because there is just an unvisible thing blocking you, but that is much better then every time that Return to Battlefield glitch.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh, and please fix that Harvester stuck spot, the Harvester was stucked like 6 times in 30 Minutes. Nod lost a huge amount of credits through that.

Edited by Luhrian

11 hours ago, Luhrian said:

Oh, and please fix that Harvester stuck spot, the Harvester was stucked like 6 times in 30 Minutes. Nod lost a huge amount of credits through that.

A flame tank can fix that, it has enough mass to repeatedly bump into the harvester, eventually freeing willy. But I would seriously appreciate a fix for that, too ;)