I got kicked by my dog.

Chrisjh0223

LOLs at the topic title, not literally, but metaphorically. Thing is, anyone or anything can get you kicked off a video game for very much any real life reason. Got a necessary commitment or you want to watch a silly TV show when it broadcasts? BAM, you just got kicked from RenX (or any video game period). One notable example is my pet dog. A few weeks back I was playing RenX, the enemy somehow managed to blow up our War Factory and I asked "How?" RIGHT when I inquired, the clock read 7:30 (time for when I take the dog outside) and I had to exit the game immediately so I couldn't possibly get a response. So yes, I got kicked by my dog. xD

Now, RenX being a casual game, I'm allowed to play it in my free time when I have nothing else to do (as in, when I get a break from real life duties). Things come up in life, so I have a funny story for you. I once was in a Stealth Tank working recon by the GDI Silo at Lakeside. I informed our team that the enemy had a MRLS guarding their silo. Shortly after, I have to use the bathroom due to a nature call. RenX doesn't have full pause in multiplayer mode, unlike single player Skirmish. Because of AFK ethics/morals, I of course had to exit the game. Hmm, I wonder what happened to the Stealth Tank I was in? Well obviously, since I was no longer in the game the Stealth Tank I was in uncloaked and registered as empty. Imagine as to what the MRLS driver thought when it popped up from nowhere? Most likely, he said to his team "empty stank by our silo." So I was away from my computer for at least 7 minutes, using the bathroom, getting a drink of water, and taking an eye break. After much AFK time, I rejoined the server as Team Nod. So I played the game and joined teammates for a Stealth Tank rush. When we're cruising along the upper hill, a teammate said "GDI has stank." CRUD, looks like GDI indeed profited from me leaving and jacked my Stealth Tank. SHOOT, I should have told Team Nod GDI probably got it right when I rejoined the game. It ended up being not much of an ordeal though, and our Stealth Tank rush won the match. That's life, and it's understandable if you must leave urgently but if possible, tell your team that you must leave and give them your vehicle.

Quick story. I once was on Team Nod on Under, and I bought a Stealth Tank (who doesn't love stealth unit antics? :D) to run over GDI snipers and repair units, possibly even some anti-tank troopers (Grenadier, Missile Officer, Gunner, Sydney). I ran over an enemy, and they quickly caught on to me, so they start shooting at me. We duke it out for a little while. Remember when I said anything can kick you off a video game? Well, I soon heard thunder outside my room, so I knew I had to shut the computer off ASAP without question. I immediately exited the game and shut down the computer. I imagine the GDI players were saying to one another "shoot the stank" when they noticed me but when I hopped off I'm not sure if they destroyed it; if not they likely said in team chat "WAITWAITWAIT!" and "Someone capture it", "Get in the Vehicle! Stealth Tank." Man, the enemy team can really profit from a forced leave of a player (notably capture their vehicle) if the player had something of value.

Such real life kick reasons tend to be avoided if you planned special time for a video game, i.e. the 2 player campaign of Double Dragon Neon. For such an occasion, you put aside a strict time frame for video gaming such as Steam achievements that require specific cooperation from someone you asked help from. You can still get kicked if something important comes up (but at this point really only an emergency or something urgently necessary) but it's highly unlikely and the time is yours to play your game.

Due to recent real life obligations (I.E. dog care), I'll very likely not get much time to play RenX or video gaming period. I'll try to get on when & if I can, but this month I'm swamped for most part. Thing is, if you know you'll have to get off the game for something important at any given time, you might not want to play even casual games like RenX due to constant interruptions (they get so frequent at times for me, I think "what's the point of even starting up RenX?"). Now, I did play Double Dragon Neon for a while, but I have all achievements and I only play that game now if someone wants me to help them get the achievements that need 2 player mode. Hmm, I'll try to make time for that game if someone really needs my help for it. I did befriend Judas King on the Steam forum for that game, but it looks like he doesn't play that game much (he has only 2 achievements in DDN and some others are obtainable not too far in). If anyone has DDN, maybe help him out as I'm busy lately.

If you have any stories/examples of you getting kicked off a video game for any reason (such as at an unfortunate moment in-game) please share. Can be RenX, oldren, or any video game at all.

12 hours ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

That's life, and it's understandable if you must leave urgently but if possible, tell your team that you must leave and give them your vehicle.

In certain occasions there is no time to type to your teamates or to drive back to your base. If you have to quit the game, you can always:

(Assuming that you are a tech/engi) Lob Remotes on your vehicle and blow it up (and yourself as well, so enemy team won't get veterancy for killing an AFK person); if the vehicle has more than 400 health, just lob timed and exit the vehicle. In this way, only allies will be able to obtain it without having the vehicle blowing up. Enemies who steal the vehicle will probably not notice the timed c4 and lose the stolen vehicle.

Another option is; If you are at the edges of the map, and if they are soft edges, drive out of boundaries and suicide yourself and your vehicle.

Edited by Jarzey

6 hours ago, Jarzey said:

(Assuming that you are a tech/engi) Lob Remotes on your vehicle and blow it up (and yourself as well, so enemy team won't get veterancy for killing an AFK person); if the vehicle has more than 400 health, just lob timed and exit the vehicle. In this way, only allies will be able to obtain it without having the vehicle blowing up. Enemies who steal the vehicle will probably not notice the timed c4 and lose the stolen vehicle.

First suggestion counters second suggestion. If worried about dying afk and granting veterancy, do NOT allow an enemy to steal a vehicle even if they're guaranteed not to keep it, that's even more veterancy than a kill on you. (a solid player would kill you, take the vehicle and incur both rewards with neither penalties)