I accidentally started up my own server.

Chrisjh0223

I was on the RenX Launcher and was attempting to use it to auto-download the latest River map from the ConstructiveTyranny Testing server. When I clicked "Join Server" it launched the game and started the internal download process, and it appeared to take forever to download so I exited the game. How do we download maps at the fast rate again? When I clicked "Launch Server" to try to download the map fast, it literally launched a server on my end(started it up!)! Yikes! How do we turn our own server off? Is there anything else you feel I should know about managing the server on my own end? Is there any sort of server management on the launcher or in-game I'm just not seeing?

Just check for any renegade x process running in the background. Normally opening your own server should open a console window which once closed should stop the server.

As for fast in-game downloading. River is not included in this list of maps available for fast downloading due to the fact it is not in a suitable state for people to play (Really unfinished state). I don't believe Thommy is currently supporting that map either. If there is an update to the map which brings it up to at least a suitable state I will add it to the list for ingame downloading.

Well yeah, a console window did come up and I closed it. So the launcher showed the server when it was active and eventually (maybe 5 minutes afterward) the server was confirmed terminated. Cool. Thank you. :-)

I thought it best to terminate the server asap, as I'm not sure if my simple machine could handle it. What do you use to host a RenX server, a giant mainframe or just the computer you use?