WEIRDEST KILL IN RENX

xeb

The weirdest kill in any Unreal Engine 3 game, is a teamkill using their own weapon because some arbitrary engine decision. See those infrequently. I distinctly remember the physics of a AT-Mine launched buggy killing a teammate and giving me credit, it was on Complex trying to get on HoN in a goof-off server.. So it's technically reproducible, though fluke.

4 hours ago, YagiHige said:

The weirdest kill in any Unreal Engine 3 game, is a teamkill using their own weapon because some arbitrary engine decision. See those infrequently. I distinctly remember the physics of a AT-Mine launched buggy killing a teammate and giving me credit, it was on Complex trying to get on HoN in a goof-off server.. So it's technically reproducible, though fluke.

How team kill works as far as I've seen is you have to hit the team player with your weapon then if they aren't damage by another player and somehow kill themselves, it counts as a team kill technically.

Found this by accident a couple PUGs ago. My entire team in the warm up phase decided to run at me and I would shoot them, then they would blow themselves up with remote c4.

I can't watch the video so I can't say for sure this is what is happening.

Edited by Hohndo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, YagiHige said:

this is probably because of a change to remote c4 to stop flaming vehicles. If you put remote c4 on a vehicle, they are vulnerable to enemy attack, unlike the terrain or buildings. When detonated they apparently do enemy damage, on behalf of the teammate. Go figure.

Thank you very much for the explanation!

• Like 1