Issue with a Friend

Ironsides

So one of my friends installed the game a few weeks ago, but the game would never install correctly. The issue that was displayed was that some code in one of the phsyics.dll files were either corrupted or not found. We tried redownloading the game several times(which was excruciating due to his download speed of 700kb/s), and the game always had the same issue. We uninstalled, reinstalled, checked forums, nothing.

So I took it on myself to fix the issue.  I copied the ENTIRE binaries folder from my game(which works fine) and deleted his binaries folder, replacing it with my copy. His game now works and launches as intended, but it WILL NOT UPDATE.  It will play skirmishes, but it wont validate the game for updates. Now i also have the same issue. I cannot update either.

We both really love this game and would appreciate any help! We NEED to get back online!

Did you try the FULL-BUILD instead of the .msi?

If not, delete your Renegade X Directory, restart and download via one of the mirrors below.

i.e.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:24 PM, [AoG]iTweek said:

HTTP DOWNLOAD FULL [7z http://www.7-zip.de/]

Unpack and try to run the game via the launcher within.

Edited by Madkill40

What is exactly the problem with update?

Do you have RenX Launcher V.65? Not game, but Launcher inside the Launcher folder. If not, delete existing "launcher" folder, and download newest from Downloads page, into the RenX directory but not in Binaries. It'll create the "Launcher" folder.

If you have LauncherV.65, then does it say "update found: 5282"? If so, does it say "Verify: Not Started" and "Download: Pending"? If that is the case, then this fix applies to you: