Toxic Community

Bronn

I installed the game several days ago and loved it. Today I joined Tyranny's Marathon Server or something like that and the game was dragging on way too long with our tiberium refinery destroyed. So I called a vote to surrender 3 times and the whole team voted no all times. On the third time all I merely said was "why not?" Nothing else thats it. After I said that they decided to kick me. Seeing as this is the only populated server in the whole list I left and decided to uninstall. Great game but its players are too toxic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Bronn,

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience playing on CT Marathon.

In most cases, there will be more than enough people agreeing with you to surrender when a building is lost to not cause too much of a problem, although vote spamming consecutively will cause some annoyance, and will at most result in others telling you to stop spamming votes, vote kicks should only be used to remove AFK players, players abusing the system or cheating and that like.

However as to the player's deciding to kick you, were you aware that you can call a Moderator or Admin to view the server via an in-game text command "!modrequest"?

In most situations the Moderators will cancel the kick vote against you or step in to prevent it.

However don't let the community prevent you from playing a game which you appear to enjoy, and for the most part the community is not too bad. However there are still some pretty poor members of the community who are rather negative, and can spoil it for the majority.

Hopefully, you decide to come back and play again and if you have any problems (in regards to Constructive Tyranny), feel free to contact me either on here via PM or on www.tyrant.gg and I will respond.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

... Pretty sure they kicked you for spamming votes. Granted, I feel as though somebody should've, or probably had, said something before then that you missed. It's pretty hard to get anyone to kick anyone over anything not dealing with being AFK. 'least the few times I've played recently.

• Downvote 1

If you hadn't spammed surrender votes when we were making progress, then everyone would not have reacted that way. We were close to winning, and at the time of your last (3rd) vote and we had just destroyed another building, which is why no one understood why you did that.

Just so you are aware, using a surrender vote causes that vote to have a cooldown for the whole team, not just you.

We did lose that match but only because we were out-teamworked.

I do hope you return and pay attention a bit better and work with your team when they are trying to get some rushes and other types of teamwork going.

I did vote against you getting kicked but I was getting tired of the votes since I was actually trying to win with a group of 6 people. A 7th would have made a big difference and that could have been you but you didn't answer when we were looking for people in chat.

Edited by Hohndo
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Bronn said:

and the game was dragging on way too long with our tiberium refinery destroyed. So I called a vote to surrender 3 times and the whole team voted no all times.

erm... you've been playing RenX for the first time in your life and think you can judge if your team is making progress or not? :D

No way, RenX is far too complicated to grasp it all within the first match :P

But please re-install RenX. it's a great game and most of the community is great as well.

I guess any community has idiots. But they get mostly ignored or banned from spam votes :) (serious spam votes :o)

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

Probably was that Walls match from last night, but I was on GDI. If I would have been on NOD, I probably would have voted against the surrender aswell all the time. NOD had the advantage for most of the time, due to some really good teamwork (different kind of sbh rushes). And the sbh outside C4 rush on the bar nearly sealed the deal for NOD.

Yeah, the match took some time, but that's part of the marathon server. Partly there was some really good teamwork going on by NOD. I already experienced a lot more boring matches than this one. So a map-change vote would have been at least more appropriate than a surrender and after two times you should have called it a day.

I don't know, if I would have voted to kick you, but like Yosh already said, normally kick votes don't pass through easily. I remember some votes of mine to kick some AFK players and they didn't even pass... (Maybe there were some cheesy players on the opposite team, who wanted to keep it like that as an advantage. <.<)

But yes there are also some idiots like everywhere else and I also get salty from time to time. But then I just leave and come back later or I do something else. :P

Edited by Denuvian